Vacuum step rubber servo

jejiii

Just had to replace the rubber boot on my 1965 M20C vacuum step.  Lasted 50+ years!!!  After scanning MS for some corporate knowledge on "how to" it seems Britain is out of the old Mooney servo business.  I did find some "new" old stock (April 1973) servos that are cross-listed (H225885) as Beech King Air auto pilot parts. Exact same part...  I bought one and a spare.  Installed it today.. took way less than an hour for the whole job..KRN Aviation still has a couple left at $93. If anyone needs my spare, let me know.  JJ

IMG_5213.JPG

• Thanks 1

I also accomplished the same thing a few weeks ago by putting some knowledge together from this great site.  KRN aviation has beech parts mostly and they were very good to work with.  Krn got the part and made some measurements for me before sending it was very helpful.  The part that I purchased was 2007-1 seal and it appears to be identical to the old 50 year part I took off and it was a bit cheaper as you can see from the attached photo's.    Took 10 minutes to fit the new part seal around the edge with some electrical tape and my step has never worked so well on my 67 F model.  The wife is now very happy that it works,  she was not that impressed until she has to step up on the wing, after all I am a mooney guy and I am not going to loose the 5 knots with it down so it has been wired up for a year.  Jejiii your part may be a bit longer than mine,  I did not take a picture of the 2007-1 part before installing it,  dimensionally it looked very close to the original, if anything it is just a slightly shorter.   Installed in the plane it works great,  seems to go up and down much smoother and faster than the old unit that was taped and repairing a number of area's.

A4E43945-E44C-44B9-8AD4-0EA258358A01.JPG

D030241C-3DAA-4BC1-A0F7-3265DF5C45B8.JPG

FC6FC21B-3827-4336-912B-07F985EC20FD.JPG

D2D2611A-D90E-4B47-A4E2-745EE8C3751E (2).JPG

Edited by cpbloch
took my name of one of the pictures

And they are a mile from my house!

I have bought ignition harnesses and vacuum pumps from them. Always for a very good price. They don't even know what they are going to have, give them a call.

The deal is you call KRN first, if they don't have it then call Spruce.

They have a $50 minimum so not good for small parts.

Edited by N201MKTurbo

Brittain Industries Inc 918-836-7701.  Is not out of this business.  I have been on a waiting list for this part for about a year.  I just called them.  They are still trying, and expecting,  to get a new Compression Mold built for this part, that is  used in multiple aircraft and applications.  They still expect to produce and sell this part.  I used a Harbor Freight hand vacuum pump (about $20) to isolate the leak on my old one.  My leak was at the top plate and some electrical tape judiciously applied is stopping the leak for now.  As I have babied my PC along since 1992 I have found Brittain tops to work with and I am willing to give them some slack.  They say they can sell several hundred of these a year for the various apps.   

20 hours ago, jejiii said:

Just had to replace the rubber boot on my 1965 M20C vacuum step.  Lasted 50+ years!!!  After scanning MS for some corporate knowledge on "how to" it seems Britain is out of the old Mooney servo business.  I did find some "new" old stock (April 1973) servos that are cross-listed (H225885) as Beech King Air auto pilot parts. Exact same part...  I bought one and a spare.  Installed it today.. took way less than an hour for the whole job..KRN Aviation still has a couple left at $93. If anyone needs my spare, let me know.  JJ

IMG_5213.JPG

Yes please can I have the contact info , I have been looking for months for this part 

15 hours ago, Steve65E-NC said:

Brittain Industries Inc 918-836-7701 Is not out of this business.  I have been on a waiting list for this part for about a year.  I just called them.  They are still trying, and expecting,  to get a new Compression Mold built for this part, that is  used in multiple aircraft and applications.  They still expect to produce and sell this part.  I used a Harbor Freight hand vacuum pump (about $20) to isolate the leak on my old one.  My leak was at the top plate and some electrical tape judiciously applied is stopping the leak for now.  As I have babied my PC along since 1992 I have found Brittain tops to work with and I am willing to give them some slack.  They say they can sell several hundred of these a year for the various apps.   

This is the same message I had from Brittain 3 years ago. They did manage to get one for me after about 6 months if I recall correctly. Maybe they got it from KRN? I guess there is not enough volume to justify the expense for them.

Yves

• Like 1

• 4 years later...