Where to get copilot brake kit

Any MSP should be able to order the parts for you. Some MSP's (Don Maxwell - KGGG) even have experience with the install. 

And while Mooney's do certainly shrink the size of the country, it helps if you'll put your location in your profile. We can then recommend the best solution in your area.

I'm in Anchorage. I know, seems wrong, but already have the bushy planes. There is a serious lack of complex planes here for training. A friend and I are going to use it to finish up those commercial and CFI students that don't have any other options. We get a lot of calls for that as independent instructors. Of course that's the rational excuse we are using for buying a "go-fast"!! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Yetti said:

Is this the same plane with leaky tanks and metal in the filter after 2.3 hours?  possibly located in Pearland?

That one is an M20J in Oregon.  The OP said this one is a '65 M20E in Houston.  It is apparently the same plane from this thread:

I was able to find all the used parts needed to install the dual brakes several years ago and instal them. The new kit was around 3k plus install. I think I had about $500 in the used parts. 

Unfortunately I don't think the factory kit will work in your 65E. It wasn't until latter that the factory begain welding in the mounting brackets when they built the cages as standard equipment. The kit only works with higher serial number E models. 

7 hours ago, Yetti said:

Is this the same plane with leaky tanks and metal in the filter after 2.3 hours?  possibly located in Pearland?

Well, Its at Pearland, but hope not. A tank was sealed about 1.5 years ago. The shop that did the annual said it was in great shape......

6 hours ago, N601RX said:

I was able to find all the used parts needed to install the dual brakes several years ago and instal them. The new kit was around 3k plus install. I think I had about $500 in the used parts. 

Unfortunately I don't think the factory kit will work in your 65E. It wasn't until latter that the factory begain welding in the mounting brackets when they built the cages as standard equipment. The kit only works with higher serial number E models. 

Ya, I was quoted 3 k! What are the list of parts? I know there will be two pedals, and two masters. I read somewhere something not clear on, about a valve(s)? 

I was thinking I would just find a salvage mooney and take the pilot side parts. Are they the same? welding tabs wont be too much trouble I hope.

• 2 years later...
On 9/29/2016 at 12:37 PM, tangogawd said:

I'm in Anchorage. I know, seems wrong, but already have the bushy planes. There is a serious lack of complex planes here for training. A friend and I are going to use it to finish up those commercial and CFI students that don't have any other options. We get a lot of calls for that as independent instructors. Of course that's the rational excuse we are using for buying a "go-fast"!! 

My old stomping grounds! Sort of. My Dad was a Sr Facilities Engineer for ARCO in the late 1970’s I lived just off Sand Lake as a kid. 

That’s where I originally got the flying bug, in my Fathers 182