Licence plates

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NotarPilot said:

Not aviation related (Well, maybe it is) and it's not mine although some might think it should be...

IMG_0302.JPG

That's funny. Very cleverly got by the censors. I need a flip down version of that. I don't like calling everyone in front of me an asshole, just the ones that really are.

Only a pilot will know what Clarence's plate means.  Works on the grounds of CYKF (Waterloo Regional Airport) but folks at the lunch counters down the road have no clue.  How do I know?  He has loaned me his car for such when he (or sometimes we) are working on C-FSWR.  

Being retired military (and having had my family with me on foreign postings) I have always tended to avoid personalized license plates and such things.  It stands out and my training was always about not doing that.  Those of you who have served will remember that standing out sometimes draws unwanted attention.  

I know - I know!  Not the case for me today but old habits die hard.  I have allowed myself to stick a large plastic poppy on my car (as do both my sons) but that is about it.  

Maybe someday. -_-  My wife and the boys want to buy me a license plate with the aircraft callsign on it.  Maybe.  Someday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

You lot are lucky. We can't do that in Nazi Britain (see recent vote in parliament where EU citizens living here will lose their rights post Brexit, smatterings of 1934 all over again). Over here the best we can do is play with the location and number codes, so for me I can get 

0007 ACH 

Do they let you do anything over there?:ph34r: