Another video... why I fly...

Oscar Avalle

I caught a cold from my 6 year old.. thus I had to stay at home for the last three days. Not much to do about it. So I decided to edit some of the footage from some flights I made during the last two months. So here goes another one (longer than usual) but the scenery was so nice that I could not cut it... hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed my early morning flight out of St Louis.

• Like 11

I used the AppleTV device to show it on the large screen...

It's like sitting in the back seat behind Oscar, and riding on the tail!

Awesome sunshine and Magestic clouds.  Cloud penetration is spectacular.

Great movie!  Two thumbs up.  I watched it twice.

Thanks again for sharing these Oscar,

-a-

On 9/24/2016 at 5:31 PM, kpaul said:

Oscar,

Do you have a picture of the mount on your tail?

Let me get to the airport this week and take a pic. I use a contour camera. 

http://contour.com/

their form makes it make easier to attach them to the fuselage of the plane. However, their battery life is rather short (1,5 hours). For the interior, wing and belly I use the Garmin VIRBs. They are rugged and have a good battery life (2 to 3 hours). 

For editing I use Final Cut.

• 1 month later...
Let me get to the airport this week and take a pic. I use a contour camera. 
http://contour.com/
their form makes it make easier to attach them to the fuselage of the plane. However, their battery life is rather short (1,5 hours). For the interior, wing and belly I use the Garmin VIRBs. They are rugged and have a good battery life (2 to 3 hours). 
For editing I use Final Cut.

Hello Oscar,

Your video été really amazing, thank you

Did you take a pic of your tail mounting ?

Can you tell us how you attach your cam under your plane ? Maybe you have some pics ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Dood said:

Hello Oscar,

Your video été really amazing, thank you

Did you take a pic of your tail mounting ?

Can you tell us how you attach your cam under your plane ? Maybe you have some pics ?

Mercy...

Thank you for your kind words... Here goes a picture of the tail. 

Oscar

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

9B59B4F7-0639-4970-B297-0721BF0CB8A2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Great video Oscar !!  I watched it twice!  I sure miss those clouds over Missouri. I'm from about 100 mi south of there and made those same flights. Based in Northern CA now and they rarely have clouds from May to October.  I guess there's something to say for blue skies too. ha  

I've just started using the Replay Prime XD camera http://www.replayxd.com/product/prime-x/ which looks a lot like yours. I did my maiden camera flight with mine mounted underneath the tail at the rear of the fuselage cone...I bluetoothed it to my iPhone which was sitting in a cradle on my panel. I could see the gear come up (great backup verification for gear up or down and locked)...  I departed L36 (close to Sac Intl) and flew to Eugene Oregon for a beautiful 1:55 min flight in our '80 K model.  

Couldn't wait to land and load the video to see how cool it was....Only to realize that after about 30 min of flight the picture began to dim and blur a bit...  Duh.... The turbo exhaust is on the right but basically inline with the fuselage... just enough exhaust/oil to fine coat the lens... the departure, gear up  and initial flight was spectacular...the landing was a total blur but was a greaser and smooth on the video. Haa

Need to move it but the live video feed of the gear action and view below was way cool. I have 2 of them so will mount one maybe on the vertical and one on a wing. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MB65E said:

The VGs on the vertical stab??

(Vortex Generator)

-Matt 

Sorry, I misunderstood you question. The VG on the rudder are part of a VG kit for the airplane. They help with slow flight and make the plane more responsive. I was flying out of unprepared strips in Guatemala and I wanted to ensure that I could really do nice soft field landings.