AP ILS Approach with aspen

Dood

Hie,

I made recently an avionics retrofit  ; Now my Mooney M20J is equipped with a Garmin GTN 750, an ASPEN EFP 1000 (P/N 910-00001-001  with synthetic vision & AOA), an ACU2 and a secondary com/nav Garmin, a GNC255A.

I experience a problem using autopilot ( Bendik KFC 150)  on ILS approach 

First, I Flight with the following mode engaged :

-       FD (flight Director)

-        ALT (maintain altitude)

-       HDG (heading) with an ILS intercept heading

-       ARP engaged (blinking)

And the Nav source tuned on ILS frequency and I can read on the aspen the word

also, my plane follows the heading until crossing the ILS axis, then heading mode turns off and approach mode turns on, but the AP follows the CRS arrow and not the ILS, like the ILS was a VOR.

If I turn the CRS in the ILS axis, then the AP  follows first the CRS arrow and after follows the glidescope and the localizer.

Can you tell me if I have to compulsory set the CRS on ILS heading on an ILS approach, or if I make a mistake in my procedure ?

Hie Mike,

AP follows the bug in heading mode, turn off heading to engage approach mode (wich was blinking) 

AP follow first the selected radial (as a Vor) and only when the plane is very close from the point, AP follows localizer and glidepath.

11 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

You should leave the AP in HGD mode, turn on APR after intercept. If the AP doesn't follow the Aspen Loc, (which should be annunciating ILS) and GS, then you have something wired incorrectly. Make sure the ILS frequency is active and not standby.

This is precisely how I used to do it in my former J w/Aspen. The KFC200 works the same way with my IFD540.