Fun package in the mail/Lightspeed Tango

mooneygirl

I received a fun package in the mail yesterday.  Lightspeed Aviation mailed me a promotional poster they developed for use at Oshkosh for the Tango wireless headset.  During my time flying with the Skytypers in Chino, CA for an AOPA article I took a selfie while wearing the Tangos and being photobombed by the #3 Skytyper. Anyway, I sent the photo to Lightspeed and they liked it so much that it was one of five used in their campaign at OSH. 

The Tango really is a great headset.  I love that it is wireless, the inferface with my phone is super easy.  The sound quality is excellent.  The headset is lightweight and very comfortable. I used it to and from OSH this year and in the Mooney Caravan.  Lightspeed is the headset sponsor for Right Seat Ready! our companion seminar. So, all of our attendees not only get to look and and hold the Tango, but we use them hooked up wirelessly to our PA system for our emergency simulations.

I wanted to share the fun photos with my Mooney Family. Hope to see everyone at MAPA next Month.

IMG_5556.jpgIMG_5557.jpg

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2527.jpg

• Like 3

I'm a fairly new Lightspeed headset user.  I ordered the tango's basically the day they came out.  The company is very focused on customer feedback and participation, I really like that.  Every now and then they'll send me stuff, looking for feedback and what not.  The customer rep I worked with went well out of his way when I placed my order to make sure everything was up to snuff.  I also feel like I might have had something to do with the update they made to the battery door and the usb charging port.  When I made my initial 'out of the box feedback' video, I specifically called out that design flaw, and it has since been changed in the new version.  Good headset, good company.  And your poster is pretty awesome too!  With that hand flicky thing you're doing, you should be on a gameshow!

• Like 2

Is there a reason why formators don't put there call sign in there signature line?
We must have a hundred formation aviators. It would help to recognize them.
Best regards,
-a-

Or, you could actually just FLY with us...

On 9/22/2016 at 5:38 PM, DonMuncy said:

What's with the "Buttercup" Jolie. Am I just behind the times.

I didn't see your question Don, but saw that it did get answered.  If you fly with the Mooney Caravan, eventually you will get a call sign that is proposed by your fellow pilots.  I was very honored to get a call-sign my first year flying with the Caravan.  Anyone that knows me knows that Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies, and we recently showed it at Fly-In Movie Night at Oceano Airport. 

I had a great time with the Mooney Caravan this year and feel bummed I was dissuaded for so many years prior by someone I used to know.  I think it is a fabulous opportunity for all Mooney pilots whether they intend to fly into OSH or not.