Law enforcement night landings

garlint

2 hours ago, Marcopolo said:

All of the suggestions to reach out and start conversations are predicated on us trusting that your business is "legal", if this isn't the case....then run!

Ron

LOL yes, run or better, FLY if I'm not legit. But, totally legit. I own a couple of Amish country stores in UT. Although I do admit that if I were on the wrong side of the law, the plane would come in very handy. If I started making frequent flights to CO or WA they might want to watch me ;)

They may just be checking whether its a plane they know belongs there or a stranger who might be a smuggler. You shouldn't be afraid to talk to them.

The one black kid in town shouldn't be afraid to talk to them either. There's no history of race troubles up there near the Canadian border to cause bad feelings I bet.

7 minutes ago, pinerunner said:

They may just be checking whether its a plane they know belongs there or a stranger who might be a smuggler. You shouldn't be afraid to talk to them.

The one black kid in town shouldn't be afraid to talk to them either. There's no history of race troubles up there near the Canadian border to cause bad feelings I bet.

Oh yeah, for sure. I was totally joking about the profiling. My kids are like mini-celebrities. Lol. None of us are afraid to talk to them. We go through about 4or 5 officers per year due to low pay so it's a little difficult to stay current with them. I tried to catch him today, but he wasn't in. But yeah, that's the beauty of living in a tiny town. We know people for who they are, not their skin color. Wish it was the same, all over the US right now. Tough times for reasonable people of all colors. Tough to watch crap from extremists on both sides. 

• Like 1

I worked in small towns as a rookie and later in big cities during my career. Trust me when I say a cop in a small town working a midnight, or the late shift won't mind the conversation. In a small town the midnight shift can be a pretty long night if it's slow. You will probably make a new friend, offer to show him your plane, maybe turn him into an aviation buff. He's just another guy at work doing his thing...

Tom

• Like 1