What Replaced Our M20E

flight2000

2 hours ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I just came across these pearls of wisdom from former Mooney owner and author Gordon Baxter, Brian. It seemed appropriate to post to this thread. Enjoy them along with that beautiful new Bo of yours.

Jim

http://www.csobeech.com/files/WhoFliesBonanzas.pdf

I love how that article was written.  Good stuff Jim.  Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Jim, great article that I hadn't seen before....and yes, they really do argue about the Debonair versus Bonanza name....mine has the Bonanza name plate on the fuselage as delivered in 1968, so I'm sticking with that.... ;)

The ABS is really a great source of information about all Beech models (they have Owners Manuals/POH's online in the members section for just about every model out there).  The online courses are a wealth of information for new Beech pilots.  My biggest question is why does MAPA not have anything like that for new Mooney pilots and perspective owners?

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 1

So I went flying on Friday morning and did some experimenting with different settings just to see what the plane would do at 10,500 feet over Lake Tahoe and Truckee, CA.  Fuel flow was noted with the mechanical gauge and the Shadin MiniFlo.

WOT/2400, 14.7 gph, 45F OAT, 146 KIAS = 173 KTAS

19"/2300, 10.7 gph, 45F OAT, 132 KIAS = 156 KTAS

Both verified with three GPS legs.  I'm sure the boaters on Tahoe were wondering WTH is that guy doing up there...  ;)

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rbuck said:

That's a great looking plane! Congrats! I didn't realize you were a ND fan, Brian! I am currently a Notre Dame grad student. (Makes for a lot less flying than I was doing before.)

Thanks!  More of a closet ND fan since my entire extended family (to include my wife) graduated from there.  I'm from the state next door and will always bleed Scarlet and Grey (tOSU)...I was not "authorized" to go with those colors in either case, so blue and gold it is..... :D

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 2