1982 M20J for sale ***Sold***

kevinw

The day has finally come. I purchased 1151V mainly for business travel but thanks to the internet that travel has gone away. I simply don't fly it enough to justify it so I'm offering it for sale. 1151V is a truly unique M20J and someday I may regret selling it. It's a 1982 by serial number but manufactured in 1981. It has less than 200 hours on the engine and prop, TKS ice protection, ADS-B compliant with the new GTX345. The vacuum system was removed so this is an all electric aircraft with a useful load of 900.35 lbs. It's always been hangered and flown several times a month to keep the engine lubed. Complete logs and no damage history. Details can be seen by clicking the .pdf link below the last pic and more photos are here https://goo.gl/photos/yR8BvdD1DHnTGchm9 . Asking price $129,000.

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

82 Mooney M20J.pdf

Well that didn't take long. 1151V sold today. I feel like I just gave one of my kids up for adoption. I want to put a big thank you out to all the MS members that educated me over the years. I don't have plans to buy another airplane at this time but in 3 years or so I just may dive back in and if so a Mooney will be at the top of my list. 51V is an incredible airplane that I had total trust and confidence in. She will be missed...

9 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

I was thinking you priced it a little low, doesn't surprised me it sold so quickly.

Perhaps it was. I tried to price it very close to what I thought was a fair price and I was able to get it. Oddly enough, I sold it back to the guy I bought it from in 2013. Not a MSer as far as I know.

Just now, kevinw said:

Perhaps it was. I tried to price it very close to what I thought was a fair price and I was able to get it. Oddly enough, I sold it back to the guy I bought it from in 2013. Not a MSer as far as I know.

That is awesome!  Previous owner just couldn't get that plane out of his head and had to have it back!

6 minutes ago, jrwilson said:

That is awesome!  Previous owner just couldn't get that plane out of his head and had to have it back!

The story I was told is he had some medical issues back then and that's why he sold it. Those issues were resolved and he regretted selling it ever since. He contacted me a year ago asking if I was interested in selling it back but I declined. When I decided to sell it he was the first person I emailed. At first I didn't get the feeling this was going to work because of all the upgrades but it did. He flew 51V for about 15 years so he's one happy soon to be Mooney owner!

• Like 6

Funny how things work out. We were supposed to close on the airplane this coming week and now there's a problem. After all the paperwork was drawn up and ready to go, the buyer, who was the previous owner, backed out of the deal. He said it was a little more than he wanted to spend and also not comfortable with all the technology in the panel. I never felt good about the sale and described to others that the last time I felt this way was after putting my golden retriever down seven years ago. So after this deal went south my wife and daughter told me to keep the airplane. I thought about it and decided that's what I'm going to do and that sick feeling in my stomach immediately went away. I'm going to chalk this up to an episode of temporary insanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5