Morning Thought

211º

Just a thought or two...

I'm crazy about my Mooney - it gets me from Point A to Point B quickly and efficiently.  ...And it is just darn fun.  Every time I open the hangar I smile like a fifth grade boy with a new gadget or a new slingshot.

Mooneyspace - crazy useful - it is good (and fun) to read about the different owners, pilots, experiences.

All of us are going to have different experiences and different ways of doing things - flaps on takeoff, when to retract gear, cruise settings, and (dare I write it) ROP v. LOP.

If we can hold ourselves to facts, data, and first-person experience and keep ourselves from directly attacking other facts, data, and experiences... well, that might be kind of great.

• Like 14

Different opinions are much better received if not accompanied with personal insults forums allow people to be rude without personal risk so I think it's more likely to be the case someone calling another stupid or whatever knowing they won't get punched in the nose for it. Overall I think most folks here are pretty civil. I have taken a few insults but I know it's from folks that don't know me so it matters not. I agree with your thought on the subject sadly it seems when there is a battle of opinion with personal insult the thread seems to have much longer legs. Perhaps it's just another example of the decaying society we are living in.

• Like 10

Well said all.  It is a fact though, that some are not as in tune to the impact of comments they make and so it's easy for me to give some a pass. On the other hand, there is a nice "Ignore User" feature on this forum... there might be four or five individuals on my "ignore" list. I'm sure I might be on a few Ignore lists myself ;-)

I flew my little plane today and even without any dodads that tell me how to land it, I think I did quite a couple nice landings.  Even made the 1500 foot turn off.   I was even wondered what the little bugs angle of attack was before they were smushed onto the wing.  Like the ones that smush under are under angle of attack.

• Like 2

Evening Thought:

I don't ignore anyone.  I enjoy reading their arrogant pompous self important comments.  Gives me perspective on what NOT to be.  Give what you get in life.  Treat all with dignity and respect until they give you reason to smite them.  They have egos the size of their Cylinders so no fear of making them cry.  If you are "sensitive" code word for P.C.  Then block away.

Never let facts get in the way of deeply seated beliefs/culture...What fun would that be?

Oh, almost forgot... :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bonal said:

Just figured out a great mission for me and my Mooney, any of you smart uh wise guys piss me off I'm gonna fly old Snoopy to you and pop you right in the nose

I don't know what this means, but it is on the interweb so I don't believe anything that is said on the interweb.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 211º said:

All of us are going to have different experiences and different ways of doing things - flaps on takeoff, when to retract gear, cruise settings, and (dare I write it) ROP v. LOP.

you forgot 90 degree banked turns on base to final at Vne.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonal said:

Just figured out a great mission for me and my Mooney, any of you smart uh wise guys piss me off I'm gonna fly old Snoopy to you and pop you right in the nose

"Pops"/barley pops are beer, so if you want to put a beer in front of my nose after you fly to Midwest I will drink it and buy you one and put it right back in your nose...Your from California so you probably drink wine or just like to whine?  

:)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

I am going to say this.  Being British, we say things differently to you guys and receive things differently to you guys.  If I have ever "pissed anyone off" then I most wholeheartedly apologise for that has never been my intention. As those that know me well will tell you, trust me you will KNOW if I am upset with you. :) .  Only one person has ever upset me on this forum and I have used the magic "unfollow" button on that individual, far cheaper than sending "management" round :)  

You guys spell words funny. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M20Doc said:

British spelling just happens to use more of the alphabet than American spelling.  Part of Americas Brexit was leaving some vowels out.

Clarence

Negative, sir! We also left out some consonants:  programme, omelette, etc. And we left your sweet little granny in the big house, but more importantly her fathers, too, for several generations. We also left the strange way you (used to) count money, but you finally wised up and went to decimals instead of pounds, shillings and pence with different conversion factors for each (that I never figured out). But we are nice to our neighbors!

• Like 1