M20K Fuel Flow Transducer

Don Muncy started a thread about fuel flow transducers, and many have replied but one question remains: what was the original transducer installed in early 231s, the one compatible with the ships gauge for manifold pressure and fuel flow?

I believe mine has laid an egg, and would like to find one with a k-factor close to my original so my ships gauge may work with reasonable accuracy. Based on failure of both my ships gauge and my EDM-700, I believe it is the transducer which has failed rather than both instruments or something else. That said, I'm about to delve into the wires, looking for voltage and good airframe grounds.

What is the model of the fuel flow transducer originally installed? Anyone know where I can find one?

Alternatively, how does one go about recalibration of the ships gauge for Fuel Flow to a transducer of a different k-value? I'm guessing recalibration is necessary, but that's only a guess...I'm a pilot but not an A&P.

Lastly, as the EDM-900 is an upgrade from my 700 and I realize the original components don't last forever, my longer-term plan is to install the 900 as primary but keep original gauges for backups. Anyone done this, or does the 900's STC not allow for such installations?

Depending on what fuel flow device you have the K value can be changed or calibrated for a different transducer by changing the toggle switches on the rear of the unit ( at least on the Hoskins unit ). My understanding is the 231 models mostly use the 201B(M) as both Dugosh and Don Maxwell told me this is what they usually install on the 231 model such as mine. I am uncertain if this transducer model works on the analog gauge as my plane only has the Hoskins FT-101 unit. Does anyone know if the Hoskins unit was a factory install in some K models? Sorry 1WH, cannot answer the EDM question; I have an EDM700 but no fuel flow on it right now, just using the Hoskins unit.