Wondering what folks use for onboard weather

Browncbr1

Onboard weather source poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you primarily rely on for weather info (in flight) when on instrument flight plans

• XM
    • ADSB
    • Strike finder / stormscope
    • Active radar
    • None / FSS / ATC
    • Other

My first Garmin Pilot screen shots (thanks to Marauder). I can check weather in-flight or on the ground on my cell phone.

Weather correlation is very good and accurate. The lightning depiction correlates very well with my WX10 stormscope. Moving weather trend is very helpful in assessing future weather. 

Horizontal and vertical format.

José

Screenshot_20160921-140928[1].png

Screenshot_20160922-134051[1].png

Edited by Piloto
  • Like 2

My first Garmin Pilot screen shots (thanks to Marauder). I can check weather in-flight or on the ground on my cell phone.

Weather correlation is very good and accurate. The lightning depiction correlates very well with my WX10 stormscope. Moving weather trend is very helpful in assessing future weather. 

My WX10 doesn't show lightning strikes left or right of me, it does show phantom strikes forward and aft, how is yours?

Looks like you have an antenna connection problem. Try cleaning the contacts. My WX10 show strikes all around. I found the range to be more of a threshold parameter than actual distance. Example if you are on the 50nm position the strikes on the screen would be 50nm away or closer but with no accuracy of the actual distance between 50 and zero. I found it pretty accurate for bearing. It is useful at close range when in the clouds.

José