Update on Dynon STC progress

NotarPilot

10 hours ago, isaacpr7 said:

I don't know if you guys know about the similar Garmin unit but I checked the AML and it pretty much has all models of Mooney. Here's the link:

https://www.gulfcoastavionics.com/products/4202-g5-electronic-flight-instrument-for-certified-aircraft.aspx

Yes sir, it's a great unit.  I picked one up last October and had it installed it in December. I had a little problem with the unit tilting the AH but after upgrading to the latest firmware of v2.6 it seems to be working great. I love the G5.

8 hours ago, NotarPilot said:

Yes sir, it's a great unit.  I picked one up last October and had it installed it in December. I had a little problem with the unit tilting the AH but after upgrading to the latest firmware of v2.6 it seems to be working great. I love the G5.

How much did it cost you with installation?

13 minutes ago, NotarPilot said:

About $680 for the installation and about $2150 for the unit.

Sweet deal. Thanks for the info bud ;)  If they come up with an STC for an autopilot combo I might consider hanging on to my girl for a bit longer; otherwise, I'll continue to offer her up and cry when she leaves me.

11 hours ago, isaacpr7 said:

Sweet deal. Thanks for the info bud ;)  If they come up with an STC for an autopilot combo I might consider hanging on to my girl for a bit longer; otherwise, I'll continue to offer her up and cry when she leaves me.

I doubt that'll happen. I just don't see the FAA giving up that much freedom to us non-experimental guys. However, I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Careful on the Tomahawk, i have a soft spot for that aircraft.  Lovely plane.  

I am not saying anything bad about the Tomahawk  other than the production numbers.   To which Mooney easily outnumbers  the Tomahawk   that are still flying  at least here  in the States. Secondly  Mooney uses  the same Type Certificate which covers  M20 to Acclaim models. In comparison to Cessna C172   and C182   and other models  which has 3 to 5  different  type certificates  for essentially the same model. Which makes a really pain to get it approved

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Scranton said:

If I have a Century III AP that is linked to my AI for pitch--how does the D10 or the G5 affect that? Would I still need to keep my AI (ie, move it to the co-pilot side) to have pitch inputs for my AP?

You can place the D10 or G5 front and center and replace your turn coordinator with your original AI that drives the Autopilot.