Paul Beck just opened the FBO in Willmar, Mn.

mike_elliott

Here is some great news for those of you in the upper Midwest. Paul Beck not only has Weep No More, but now is a partner in Oasis Aero, who has applied to be a MSC in Willmar, Mn. Bruce Jaeger is Paul's mentor and will bring back the quality that Bruce once had Willmar Aviation so well known for before he sold the business. Stacy Ellis has the application in hand. We need to see some of our top notch shops pass the torch to the next gen, like Don Maxwell is doing with his son Paul, and LASAR is doing. After an epic fail of the Willmar Aviation sale, it is great to see the possibility the MSC will now be in the capable hands of Paul Beck and Eric Rudningen.

http://www.wctrib.com/news/local/4112195-oasis-aero-chosen-be-new-willmar-airport-fbo#.V9QGHckGWtA.email

Website is http://oasisaero.com/

• Like 9

So pleased to hear this news!  Wishing Paul and his partner ultimate success in their new partnership endeavors.  He exceeded my expectations in communication and quality/timeliness and service when he completed our tank repairs over a two year spread (to help us spread out the cost).  Paul is a class act.  I felt like I made a friend.  

Good for you Paul.  Here's to tailwinds and smooth sailing.

Edited by MyNameIsNobody
  • Like 3

Congratulations Paul!  That's great news, and thank you for sealing my tanks last year!  You did a fantastic job and I do appreciate your quick response to my text messages and phone calls.  Excellent customer support!!!!!

Regards,

David

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

My airplane is there right now.  Getting a reseal plus lr tanks plus thank you also to Bruce Jaeger for his interiors system - which I will review when I see it but it looks fantastic in pictures and he was a pleasure to work with - and thank you to SCS interiors from Duluth for the new leather.

Edited by aviatoreb

• 10 months later...
Just now, Sputnik said:

Has anyone used Oasis Aero in the past 6 months or so? Curious about your experience with this company.

I used weepnomore completed last Jan, that merged with Oasis and Eric R together with Paul, and I had a few other jobs done while I was there.

Those two guys are fantastic, and their business is fantastic as is their knowledge with Mooney's.  Top scores.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sputnik said:

Has anyone used Oasis Aero in the past 6 months or so? Curious about your experience with this company.

Paul and Eric are personal friends, fantastic supporters of the Mooney Community, as honest and ethical as a company can be. Competency doesn't do them justice as the only adjective to describe either Weep no More or Oasis.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sputnik said:

We recently (June, 2017) had our annual done at Oasis Aero in Willmar, Minnesota, and it was a terrific experience. After meeting Paul and Eric at the Mooney Summit, we felt very comfortable bringing our Mooney to them for annual. They have impressive Mooney expertise and familiarity, and performed a meticulous inspection. They detected missing shims in the nosegear and rerigged the main gear doors; this resulted in a cruise speed gain of 5 knots! Who knew? It must have been like that for ages!

Paul and Eric are great teachers and they gave us tons of education and advice. We were allowed to participate (slow things down) as much as we wanted, and learned about expected wear points and problem areas. We'd add that they were the only ones to work on our airplane.

We also saw Weep No More's impressive tank resealing operation. Paul really knows all about the tanks, from the stripping to the multistep resealing process. After seeing this, we understand why so few people do it well.

Finally, they are great guys and a pleasure to work with. They extended us loads of hospitality and even provided us with a crew car when Enterprise decided that they didn't have any cars to rent. In a host of other areas, they went way above and beyond what we expected.

In sum, we flew 8 hours to Willmar for our annual and it was well worth the trip! It was by far the best annual experience we've had.

As a bonus, this was also there:

image.thumb.jpeg.74e6756bc199bd2ffb869725ac4ce1fc.jpeg

Full thread here: https://mooneyspace.com/topic/23465-annual-at-oasis-aero-willmar-mn/?tab=comments#comment-371621

Edited by Deb
Clarity
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Deb said:

We recently (June, 2017) had our annual done at Oasis Aero in Willmar, Minnesota, and it was a terrific experience. After meeting Paul and Eric at the Mooney Summit, we felt very comfortable bringing our Mooney to them for annual. They have impressive Mooney expertise and familiarity, and performed a meticulous inspection. They detected missing shims in the nosegear and rerigged the main gear doors; this resulted in a cruise speed gain of 5 knots! Who knew? It must have been like that for ages!

Paul and Eric are great teachers and they gave us tons of education and advice. We were allowed to participate (slow things down) as much as we wanted, and learned about expected wear points and problem areas. We'd add that they were the only ones to work on our airplane.

We also saw Weep No More's impressive tank resealing operation. Paul really knows all about the tanks, from the stripping to the multistep resealing process. After seeing this, we understand why so few people do it well.

Finally, they are great guys and a pleasure to work with. They extended us loads of hospitality and even provided us with a crew car when Enterprise decided that they didn't have any cars to rent. In a host of other areas, they went way above and beyond what we expected.

In sum, we flew 8 hours to Willmar for our annual and it was well worth the trip! It was by far the best annual experience we've had.

As a bonus, this was also there:

image.thumb.jpeg.74e6756bc199bd2ffb869725ac4ce1fc.jpeg

Full thread here: https://mooneyspace.com/topic/23465-annual-at-oasis-aero-willmar-mn/?tab=comments#comment-371621

Looks warmer than when I was there in early Jan....when it was -20F.