Pre buy in San Diego

manoflamancha

So I'm looking to finish up the offer and paperwork on the 231 and need good recommendation for a solid Mooney shop in San Diego. Seller had work done at Crownair so would prefer a different shop to inspect it for the prebuy. I flew it already and seller agreed to fix major squawks and airworthy items or discount price. I'm hoping and praying the major stuff is in good shape but did budget additional funds for maintenance. Fortunately I don't need to update avionics other than eventually comply with the 2020 ADSB mandate but since the plane has Garmin 530W and 330 GTX transponder, the update is less than without these avionics.

I agree with Dallas. Plus you mention only that the seller has had work done by CrownAir, not that CrownAir has been doing the planes annuals. There is a huge difference. I would only be looking for a shop or set of eyes that was different from whom was signing off the last annual or two. Also that could be an advantage of using Savvy too if that appeals too you since Savvy will start with a review of the logs to determine the scope of the recommended PPI. 

Cannot stress enough importance of objective review, and it's difficult for any shop to be objective about its own work. Nothing to do with integrity, just like a "second opinion." It's a lot of money to spend without getting objective advice. Also, consider an escrow.

• Like 1