Let the EDM900 install begin!!

18 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

43adbd04e0e1d4bad52dfca0e682f7ca.jpg

Breaker panel is coming together. I can see the finish line!!

The big, "hold my breath" moment will be power-up... emoji85.pngemoji86.pngemoji87.png

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like the location of the AccuTrk... The breaker panel looks very clean as well. I had my AT below my dash on the pilots side..Mine did not look near as factory as you have done. Great job!!

-Tom

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/20/2016 at 10:19 AM, Guitarmaster said:

Growing weary of this project.

Fuel flow is now installed. Thanks to Byron for posting how his is installed!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Can someone point me to this information?  I've been searching mooneyspace for it as I prep for my EDM-900 install

Thanks!

4 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Best way to prep for an EDM-900 install is to find a shop that's done them a few times.

;)

I appreciate the thought, but I'm the one doing the install under supervision of my IA with whom I've worked for years.  Even if I could find someone who has installed the EDM, they may not have installed it on a Mooney.

It is my understanding that Byron (is that Jetdriven?) has installed an EDM-900 on a mooney and posted info on Mooneyspace about the installation of the Fuel Flow and I was hoping for a link to where that is, I've searched a lot on here and I can't find it.

Thanks

Bob and Marauder shared a lot about their JPI installation challenges...

One had electronic noise to contend with, the other had a pressure noise to contend with.

It took a while to come through solutions.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

-a-

I appreciate the thought, but I'm the one doing the install under supervision of my IA with whom I've worked for years.  Even if I could find someone who has installed the EDM, they may not have installed it on a Mooney.
It is my understanding that Byron (is that Jetdriven?) has installed an EDM-900 on a mooney and posted info on Mooneyspace about the installation of the Fuel Flow and I was hoping for a link to where that is, I've searched a lot on here and I can't find it.
Thanks

@Jetdriven

Can you post the pic of your FF transducer install?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks

Guitarmaster did his 900 installation and I installed an engine analyzer back in the 1990s. Most of it is knowing where you can and can't run things and how the connections need to be made.

For the 900, the biggest challenge is draining the fuel tanks and adding fuel back in to determine the levels on the 900.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

Can you post the pic of your FF transducer install?

I believe he's working this weekend but I pretty much copied his installation after examining it in person. If you get the transducer low enough it flows uphill to the servo as JPI suggests. They specifically state "no teflon or thread sealant" but I prefer to use a small amount of Permatex Aviation #3 rather than dry threads (some use straight oil); just put it 2-3 threads from the end of the fittings. Fuel leakage isn't a favorite of mine. You also know you'll need to replace the one hose (pump to servo) with two new ones (pump to transducer to servo). And when installing the fire-sleeve around the transducer go the extra mile and use the proper stainless-steel banding and tool to seal off the ends (this isn't visible in my picture) then use high-temp silicone to seal where the wires exit the sleeve.

As others have stated keeping the probe wires away from ignition leads helps keep the interference down. I've moved my wire bundles a couple of times to get minimal noise.

I did a self-install of the EDM830 only so I can't comment on the fuel senders and such, but most of the work is the same. Don't forget the a proper engine-ground is VERY important.

Also note that my wiring hadn't been completed yet in the attached pic.

IMG_4910 (2).JPG

• Like 2

I believe he's working this weekend but I pretty much copied his installation after examining it in person. If you get the transducer low enough it flows uphill to the servo as JPI suggests. They specifically state "no teflon or thread sealant" but I prefer to use a small amount of Permatex Aviation #3 rather than dry threads (some use straight oil); just put it 2-3 threads from the end of the fittings. Fuel leakage isn't a favorite of mine. You also know you'll need to replace the one hose (pump to servo) with two new ones (pump to transducer to servo). And when installing the fire-sleeve around the transducer go the extra mile and use the proper stainless-steel banding and tool to seal off the ends (this isn't visible in my picture) then use high-temp silicone to seal where the wires exit the sleeve.
As others have stated keeping the probe wires away from ignition leads helps keep the interference down. I've moved my wire bundles a couple of times to get minimal noise.
I did a self-install of the EDM830 only so I can't comment on the fuel senders and such, but most of the work is the same. Don't forget the a proper engine-ground is VERY important.
Also note that my wiring hadn't been completed yet in the attached pic.
58e19ecc0ccb9_IMG_4910(2).thumb.JPG.e7e3924621c1a2e99576c16d489ecc48.JPG

Exactly like mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cnoe said:

Thanks SO much for the pictures!  It'll be a little different in my 'C, but that helps immensely!

• Like 2

Just thinking, anyone done an install on a A, B, C or G (carburetor) model?  I'd like some pictures of the Fuel Flow transducer installation.  THANKS!

Edited by cctsurf
Other Similar Models