Just bought my first airplane - M20J!

Bug Smasher

After 400hrs of smashing bugs in brand C, I finally bought a 201! I spent a great deal of time here reading various threads during my decision process. So thank you! My name is Andy Chambers and I'm based at KSTS (Santa Rosa, CA). As far as my wife knows, this is the second happiest day of my life!

image.jpg

• Like 29

Congrats on the purchase. How do you like flying it?

That was a plane we spent some time thinking about when we bought our 201 recently. I remember it had a really nice interior and had a nice panel. Ultimately, the distance to California stopped us from pursuing it as an option. 

Congrats on your new J, Andy! Lovely plane quite a showstopper. I love the 201J and was initially looking at one but since I fly a lot to high density airports, wanted turbo in spite of higher cost. If you ever come down to San Diego, I'd be happy to grab lunch at MYF. We have a lot of good places to eat on the field and its a short flight in your new J from STS. I actually did my PPL checkride up there with Benedict at STS before he retired. Nice area. Once I have my new Mooney, I plan to fly up there to go wine tasting and visit friends up north.

Scott

• Like 1