Steep Turn Base to Final

201er

The skidding turn video is an awesome explanation that lays out the simple fact: The lack of understanding of angle of attack and basic aerodynamics causes fear of bank, when really it should be fear of critical AoA, and that fear causes the skidding turn - which "is a killer." No recovery possible...even Yeager or Hoover can't save that one...but they avoided it!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Time for this thread to get loaded up in the truck and hauled out of here.

93dc854abd76a4d877b800c95669e3d5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not really my type, but she's an unpretentious breath of fresh air in this thread nevertheless 

• Like 5

LOC-I is stall. ONLY cause of stall? Exceeding critical AoA. This is out of slide deck posted earlier (thank you). These objective presenters effectively present root message (at least for me) of this thread, cutting through the noise: Be aware of your AoA when maneuvering, because not being aware of it is a greater threat to your life than airspeed -- OR bank angle.

• Like 1

On September 4, 2016 at 1:12 PM, 201er said:

And before the dentist jumps all over with criticism, I strive to stay coordinated on the rudders during all phases of flight so not something I even considered worth mentioning. And yes, the angle of attack probe is mounted on one wing but so is the airspeed! So there's no difference there buddy. No difference!

How reliable is your gadget in a slip vs a skid? Any difference?

14 hours ago, DXB said:

not really my type, but she's an unpretentious breath of fresh air in this thread nevertheless 

Hey ..she's not half bad!Lets see if I close my eyes,put on painted over sunglasses in case I forget to keep eyes closed ,put a bag over my head in case the sun glasses slip,duct tape the bag in case it rips,hand cuff the pretty gal to the bed located in the tripled locked room located  at a  maximum security prison in a state at least 1000 miles from where I live ,I think I could go for her...

• Like 1