Age Category Poll

Stetson20

Age Demographic Question  

145 members have voted

1. 1. What age range category do you fall in?

• Under 30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 70+

19 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Why did you leave Bennet's age group out?

Were you thinking 70+ was good enough?

Are you planning an early exit after 70?

Best regards,

-a-

LOL No offense meant! I got to thinking about the age demographic reading another thread that discussed "When to hang up the spurs" or some such.

S20

We don't get many young bucks under 20.  But we do have many Mooney people over 70.

The health challenges and the need to band together regarding SIs and the class III medical starts around 40s for too many of us.

Like anywhere else, you may accidently offend some people regarding age, background, political affiliation, or preferences...  Use caution and apologize often...  :)

I'm one of the least skilled writers here.  I just keep trying harder...

And, thank you for defending this fine country that we get to fly about!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

I think your 51-60 will be the leader. Might still be working because you want to, but you also have a good handle on your budget. Kids out of college or on their own. You have either retired or semi-retired, made enough to be able to afford to fly or figured out how to live on a airplane budget. I'm going to fly no matter what. I'll cut corners wherever I need to be able to maintain my plane safely and to be able fly often enough to stay fairly proficient. We rarely go out to eat, vacations are simple and no kids to help support or put through school, the flip side is we have to admit we are now 50+ somethings and seeing things sag where they once did not..

Sheila and I had dinner the past summer while on our trip to New Hampshire vacationing with a friend/retired co-worker and his wife along with a few other friends and co-workers. I had not seen  them in 15 plus years, we are all retired or semi-retired, all had aged just a little. My friend made a drink toast.. He said " To all of us, finally LTD"..I questioned, " finally LTD?", what's that?. He smiled and said, " LTD, Living the Dream, brother". I thought about being able to fly the Mooney from Tennessee to New England and see all my old friends and not have a worry about work, budget, time or weather.. We go home when we get ready. I got it!! lol

As they say.."You can't take it with you" :) Spend it on something you enjoy and are passionate about. For me it's flying.

-Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TWinter said:

I think your 51-60 will be the leader. Might still be working because you want to, but you also have a good handle on your budget. Kids out of college or on their own. You have either retired or semi-retired, made enough to be able to afford to fly or figured out how to live on a airplane budget.

I wish. I'm now between 55 and 60 with one in still in undergrad and the other one starting his graduate work in a few weeks. They will be on the family dole for years to come. I envy all of you whose kids are 1) no longer on the auto policy, 2) no longer on the healthcare policy, 3) no longer on the cell phone plan and 4) no longer require transfer of funds from my checking account to theirs.

• Like 4