Prop Resealing

I noticed a few specs of grease on the windscreen after a flight on Saturday. Upon inspecting the prop, there were grease streaks where the prop blades connect to the hub. It appears a reseal is now in order. The local prop shop quoted $1100 for a reseal, paint and balance on the prop. I have a 2-blade McCauley on the M20J. Is this a competitive price? Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with Southcoast Propeller Services?

Is the prop dinged up or is it a simple paint and reseal? And I assume they're doing a static balance only. It's a few hundred more than I paid 3 years ago but doesn't sound unreasonable.

Find out if they're replacing the "blade actuating links". For the $85-$100 in parts you might as well replace those phenolic parts while they're in there.

I know nothing about that particular shop.

Is the prop dinged up or is it a simple paint and reseal? And I assume they're doing a static balance only. It's a few hundred more than I paid 3 years ago but doesn't sound unreasonable.

Find out if they're replacing the "blade actuating links". For the $85-$100 in parts you might as well replace those phenolic parts while they're in there.

I know nothing about that particular shop.

No major dings to speak of. Simple reseal, paint and static balance. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had lots of dealing with Southcoast. Jimmy Gaither is the man running the show,an he is a standup guy.

You will get top notch work from that shop, might take a little longer than expected due to their work load.

Great! They were very forthcoming with me about the current backlog and are willing to work on a scheduling to minimize down time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk