Stratus problem

6 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

My hangar elf extended a wire from the cabin light back to the hat rack. If you opt for that method, be careful, as the cabin light is independent from the master. My elf had previously designed and installed a timer in that circuit, so now when I power up the master, the Stratux comes on, and goes off about 10 to 12 minutes after shutdown.

Araid my elf isn't as talented as your elf, but I like that solution.

Just now, peevee said:

Araid my elf isn't as talented as your elf, but I like that solution.

You would be surprised. 90% of doing something new, is having the guts to jump in. And finding mentors to help in case of trouble is generally easy.

Just now, DonMuncy said:

You would be surprised. 90% of doing something new, is having the guts to jump in. And finding mentors to help in case of trouble is generally easy.

My initial thought was there HAS to be a switched +12v unused in the avionics bay somewhere I can tap and feed a fused line to a usb installed in the hat shelf. Maybe I'll steal your idea.

4 minutes ago, peevee said:

My initial thought was there HAS to be a switched +12v unused in the avionics bay somewhere I can tap and feed a fused line to a usb installed in the hat shelf. Maybe I'll steal your idea.

Your way will work too. Just have to find a source, and run the wires a little further.

And you don't steal my ideas. They are available free to any of my MS family.

23 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

Your way will work too. Just have to find a source, and run the wires a little further.

And you don't steal my ideas. They are available free to any of my MS family.

it's just getting frustrating having to find solutions here and feed them to the a&p. Seems all they want to do is throw parts at the problem until it works. Like my broken o2 on/off cable he ripped apart before I could find easier ways to solve

2 minutes ago, peevee said:

it's just getting frustrating having to find solutions here and feed them to the a&p. Seems all they want to do is throw parts at the problem until it works. Like my broken o2 on/off cable he ripped apart before I could find easier ways to solve

That's one of the main reasons for hangar elves. Plus the fact that it is fun.

On 12/29/2016 at 8:39 PM, Yetti said:

there is a big ole master relay just below the hat rack.  the antennas wires that go up front to the radios would be a good course to follow.  Inline fuses are your friend

Below as in from the avionics Bay side?