Garmin Aera 560 Portable w/ XM Antenna

I've got a Garmin 560 available for sale. Clean unit with all accessories.  $600 shipped to lower 48 SOLD

Also still have the Rapco Vacuum Pump I advertised prior. I'll do just the pump for $80 shipped to lower 48. Good as back up or core exchange. SOLD

-Tom

stand by vac 2.jpg

560-1.jpg

560-2.jpg

9 hours ago, Marauder said:

With all the stuff you have been selling lately, you wouldn't have a kitchen sink in the mix somewhere? :)

You've got jokes this morning..even after the cost of shipping those bikes. That's good..lol 

What I put on here is just aviation related..You should see my EBay. I'm afraid they will hold my plane hostage until I get the bill paid from the upgrades, of course that's if they ever get done. Of course it's also getting to be property tax time and insurance renewal with the business..always something. I'm thinking only thing left after this is yard-sale next weekend :)..but, hey I'm making progress and I might have a kitchen sink in there for you.

I think the upgrades were just a good motivation to get me to  clean out clutter..maybe a "win-win". Out with the old, in with the new.

-Tom

• Like 1

Just now, TWinter said:

You've got jokes this morning..even after the cost of shipping those bikes. That's good..lol 

What I put on here is just aviation related..You should see my EBay. I'm afraid they will hold my plane hostage until I get the bill paid from the upgrades, of course that's if they ever get done. 

I think the upgrades were just a good motivation to get me to  clean out clutter..maybe a "win-win". Old with the old, in with the new.

-Tom

Well Tom, I feel really guilty for talking you into the poor house. That is the reason I bought your bikes. Do you really think those little bikes can hold up under my riding style?

fat guy riding bike.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Well Tom, I feel really guilty for talking you into the poor house. That is the reason I bought your bikes. Do you really think those little bikes can hold up under my riding style?

fat guy riding bike.jpg

I know you said you were 6'4", but I think you might need to get the scales recalibrated..lol..  this is not a rock solid 240!. :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, golfpilot said:

Just curious, What does the Garmin 560 do that an iPad cant to warrant a $600 price tag, used

You asked a similar type question when Lance posted and sold his Garmin 796 on the forum. The same answer pretty much applies here as well. The 560 is smaller and designed for aviation, plus has the BT and XM features.

The Garmin 560 is sold . Sold pending a reply and a second waiting in the wings.

-Tom

1 hour ago, Marauder said: Well Tom, I feel really guilty for talking you into the poor house. That is the reason I bought your bikes. Do you really think those little bikes can hold up under my riding style?

fat guy riding bike.jpg

I know you said you were 6'4", but I think you might need to get the scales recalibrated..lol..  this is not a rock solid 240!.

I never said whether that was a vertical or horizontal measurement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, golfpilot said: Just curious, What does the Garmin 560 do that an iPad cant to warrant a $600 price tag, used

You asked a similar type question when Lance posted and sold his Garmin 796 on the forum. The same answer pretty much applies here as well. The 560 is smaller and designed for aviation, plus has the BT and XM features.

The Garmin 560 is sold . Sold pending a reply and a second waiting in the wings.

-Tom

Sorry to have asked twice, I did not remember. I used to have an aera before I got the iPad and have always wondered if there was something I was missing. A year from now I will probably make another ignorant comment

The Garmin products resist temperature related shutdowns and in general don't crash.  When their batteries run out it takes seconds to pop in a new set.

The two device manufacturers are good at different things.  It is best to have a version of both.

Then you realize your needs are different than the next pilot.  

Fortunately, With enough experience you can answer this question for yourself.  Because, nobody else will be able to do it for you.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

The Aera snaps into a panel dock and outputs audio to the intercom.  It also will transfer flight plans with the Garmin GPS navigators.  It's powered by ships power and has a backup battery. 

In getting the aera 660 and my aera 500 with panel dock will be available soon 

Edited by jetdriven