New Klixon switch covers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Ah-1 Cobra Pilot are you still making these?   my Pitot Heat rocker has gone all wobbly.

I could use

BOOST      PITOT       LDG       NAV     STROBE      ROT                          

PUMP        HEAT       LITE       LITE        LITE          BCN        

Thanks I sent you a PM

PJ

Edited by PJClark
added info

I do have a few covers, and I will get back to everybody.  When my computer crashed, it took the CAD files with it.  I still have some of the files, but I have to verify if one is the latest/greatest.

I will probably get back to the Maker Space with the laser engraver in January/February, so I can finish them then.

Please have patience with the process.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good news and bad news...

I just took my written test to get my CFI-I; got a 100%!  So now I am ready to start shipping switch covers.

The bad news is that the Innovation Studio, (MakerSpace by another name), is closed for at least two weeks, so I cannot make anything customized until they reopen.  (Stupid virus.)

I think I have responded to everyone who PMed me before.  If I missed you, I apologize.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on passing your written test. Please send me an Avionic master switch cover ( I believe I sent you a picture of my broken on this past month).

Please send it to....Tom Moquin, 48W529 Immelman Lane, Hampshire, IL. 60140.  Also please send me your full name so I can send you the $10.00.

Thank you,

Tom Moquin

Tel:  847.340.2325.    email: tamoquin@foxvalley.net

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, bradp said:

@AH-1 Cobra Pilot are your cad / stl files open source by any chance? I’m interested in trying out some different filament I have laying around. 

No.  I spent LOTS of time and effort to create the CAD.  (Just go back a few pages in this thread to see.)

As far as filaments go, PLA will get soft in a hot summer airplane, nylon does not take paint well, nor does PETG and a few others, so ABS is the winner.

Edited by AH-1 Cobra Pilot

3 minutes ago, AH-1 Cobra Pilot said:

No.  I spent LOTS of time and effort to create the CAD.  (Just go back a few pages in this thread to see.)

As far as filaments go, PLA will get soft in a hot summer airplane, nylon does not take paint well, nor does PETG and a few others, so ABS is the winner.

Thanks for the info.  The reason I asked is because the set I got lasted maybe 5 pushes before they started splitting down the middle, so I put my old busted OEM ones back on. Probably was a temp / annealing issue with that batch.  I have had really good luck with prusament ASA and it off gasses a lot less.  

• 4 weeks later...