New Klixon switch covers

Nice work, AH1!

you really completed that task! Complete with precision graphics...

Some MSers are creative...

Some have a metal shop...

Some dabble in Wood...

A few have reinvented composite cowls...

This is modern manufacturing for technically unavailable, user supplied parts!

Nice job.

i’m celebrating The small stuff.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, jrothen4 said:

I just received mine from @Ah-1 Cobra Pilot and they are great, can anyone expand on how they are removing the old covers and putting on the new ones. 

Gently pry from the bottom (center of the switch). Take a look at the new covers and you will see they are held by those clips and aligned with the pin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 8:48 AM, Ah-1 Cobra Pilot said:

I wanted to give everybody one last chance to get switch covers.  I still have quite a few left.  PM me if you are interested.

IMG_0159.jpg

Are you still selling your switch covers? I need a "Strobe lite" and "Nav lite" cover for my '78 M20J.  I assume these fit the Klixons switches? Also, how much do they cost? Please email me with details. Thanks, Rod Dundas

1 hour ago, RDundas said:

Are you still selling your switch covers? I need a "Strobe lite" and "Nav lite" cover for my '78 M20J.  I assume these fit the Klixons switches? Also, how much do they cost? Please email me with details. Thanks, Rod Dundas

Rod,

I still have lots of switch covers, including copies of all the letterings in that picture.  I can do some custom lettering, but only when I am a member of the local Innovation Studio, where they have a laser engraver.  I have promised if/when I rejoin, I will make some custom covers for some other MSers.  I have been charging $10 per cover, or less if you buy a full set, including shipping.  You can PM me with your request.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, eman1200 said:

I think I need an actual new switch. My strobe switch won’t click and stay on. Any ideas? I can’t imagine just the switch cover would help.....

Failure mode of worn CB switches is they lose their click. The over-center nature wears until the click is gone and so is the retaining force...

But, if a new switch cover works... that is a much lower cost... may just delay the inevitable...

Best regards,

-a-

• 4 weeks later...