New Klixon switch covers

In addition to the ones shown, I will also make rotating beacon, master, and avionics master switches.  Is there anything else?  There is also the issue of condensing the lettering.  What is best?

ROT
     BCN

?

AV
    MSTR

or

AV
 MASTER

?

MASTER

???

Unless red proves to be essential, all will be off-white with black letters.

18 hours ago, Ah-1 Cobra Pilot said:

OK.  I think these are as good as they get.  Anyone wishing to order a set, PM me.

5B13CE15-9CBE-4A0F-814B-D428D8B6EAEE.jpeg

A few of those look split on the bottom side. Can you confirm,  the two on the top left and the one that’s second from the top right. 

4 hours ago, jetdriven said:

A few of those look split on the bottom side. Can you confirm,  the two on the top left and the one that’s second from the top right. 

I had not noticed that until you mentioned it.  The one was split; must have been from lasing it, otherwise the paint would have covered the split.  I will adjust my process to make sure that does not happen again.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, gacoon said:

Have you tried your switch with these guys for engraving:

I use a professional grade, 60 Watt, 36"x24"x12" capacity engraver at a local Innovation Studio.  I doubt their equipment is any better.

Just to let everyone know what someone has to go through to get things right, here is a picture of the tests, rejects, almost theres, etc. that add up over the course of the project.  I also printed the orange fixture in the second picture that was used to hold the covers in place for the lasing.  The second picture is the good covers I have remaining.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I am printing another batch of switch covers.  A few people have previously PMed me to get a set, so I tried to let them know about this new effort.  If anyone else wants a set, please let me know now, as this could be the last time I do this.  Please spread the word far and wide.

There are nine standard letterings that I will print, but if anyone wants something custom, I can do that, too.

ELEV      BOOST      PITOT       LDG       NAV     STROBE      ROT             AV              MASTER
TRIM      PUMP        HEAT       LITE       LITE        LITE          BCN        MASTER

• Like 2

I am printing another batch of switch covers.  A few people have previously PMed me to get a set, so I tried to let them know about this new effort.  If anyone else wants a set, please let me know now, as this could be the last time I do this.  Please spread the word far and wide.
There are nine standard letterings that I will print, but if anyone wants something custom, I can do that, too.
ELEV      BOOST      PITOT       LDG       NAV     STROBE      ROT             AV              MASTER
TRIM      PUMP        HEAT       LITE       LITE        LITE          BCN        MASTER

I certainly could use a set. Looking for:

Master
Radio Master or Av Master
Beacon or Rec Light
Strobes
Nav Lights
Pitot Heat
Boost Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

I certainly could use a set. Looking for:

Master
Radio Master or Av Master
Beacon or Rec Light
Strobes
Nav Lights
Pitot Heat
Boost Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will send you a Boost Pump and all the others, unless you really want a Boost Bump.:)

Edited by Ah-1 Cobra Pilot

• 3 weeks later...