Removal of Positive Control

Whats the legal/ regulatory problem, if any, with removing the positive control? Can I simply go with a "new" autopilot?  Can positive control be removed?   Im tired of waiting for it to be repaired?  Related question.... Does anyone recommend an avionics shop in/ around Tennessee for an M20F???

I believe that removal of the PC system requires a 337 form.  Many here have removed/replaced their PC systems with better A/P's.  Not sure about the logistics involved.

I'm looking for an actuator in working condition.  If you remove your system, PM me and I will buy one off you.

Whats the legal/ regulatory problem, if any, with removing the positive control? Can I simply go with a "new" autopilot?  Can positive control be removed?   Im tired of waiting for it to be repaired?  Related question.... Does anyone recommend an avionics shop in/ around Tennessee for an M20F???

Mine was removed on my 75F with a weight and balance adjustment. It was removed to install a STEC 60.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CrazyWilly said:

The Brittain auto pilot is a very simple system, if you call them they will provide manuals and advise to get it working again.  With simple tools and a bit of time you should be able to figure it out.

Clarence

15 hours ago, CrazyWilly said:

Maxwell can repair it and he has some parts. Other MSCs probably can as well.

if you have any engineering talent it is a fascinating system to learn--all of the manuals are available free.

Calls to Brittain have always been productive for me.

My PC wasn't working last year, my IA went thru and checked all the vacuum lines and it magically started working again.

When you look at the cost to remove and replace I wonder if it is worth it.

• Like 1