LoPresti Cowl - Overstock (Good deal)

I think I'll wait for Sabremech's cowl. I've seen it up close and I've met the man and shook his hand.

That's what IM waiting for too!!

I've met David as well and seen his cowl in person. I'm waiting for his solution as well. Very well thought out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaV8or said:

In all fairness, the Lo Presti cowl and David's cowl are apples and oranges. It really is too bad Lo Presti can't lower the price to make it reasonably priced for a 50 year old airplane. 

Yep, Mine is a compromise to make it affordable for our 50 year old airplanes. 

David

• Like 7

On August 13, 2016 at 0:26 PM, Sabremech said:

Yep, Mine is a compromise to make it affordable for our 50 year old airplanes. 

David

I salute you for your efforts to be sure! When finished, you will have an excellent option for those with original pre 201 cowlings.

19 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

David had his test bed plane @ KOSH and several of us met him in the Vintage parking area to inspect and take pics. It's really impressive. Since I've not spent much on my old E, I hope to be one of the first Es when he's ready.

And he will have it once again at the Mooney Summit to entice the vintage guys even further! David, we are proud to have you as part of the Mooney Summit!

• Like 2

I finally heard back from Lo Presti. They had an order for a J cowl from a customer who skipped out so they want to get rid of that cowl as excess inventory. Normal price is $15,995 but they're only asking $11,495. Still too rich for my blood. I hope it goes to a happy home.

Edited by NotarPilot
Corr cited price from $11,995 to $11,495