MS is like a trade show.  We are an...

• Interactive display of products.
  • a concentrated audience of pilots, plane owners, and have a tendency to buy stuff.

MS is a continuous trade show where...

• devices are mounted in actual instrument panels
  • instrument panels are constantly being displayed
  • devices being discussed by actual high end technical users
  • details regarding actual instruments in our actual planes are documented and saved for future customers.
  • Mavrick thinks we are a target rich environment...
  • i have seen enough color screens lately, I think I want to buy one. Or three... :)

MS has a place where products can be shown.

I think the Aspen people want to show their equipment in front of us.  They probably expect to see 1000 pilots to sell one Aspen screen. We are a much better success ratio in our wide audience...  

How many Mooney's per Aspens do we have?  20:1?  10:1?

Thinking out loud...

Mimi, got any photos of the new ride?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Did you get a plane Mimi? When I approached Aspen at SNF, they (Kyle Williams) was thinking it might not be the kind of event for them to get involved with since we are not a trade show that they can directly sell at, or something to that effect. Have at them, run point and see if you can get them to donate one. kyle.williams@aspenavionics.com if he is still with them. 

Oh, Midlife Crisis Mimi does not just have any old airplane... wait 'til you see what the little lady crawls out of on the Sheltair ramp! Her much loved K is mourned no longer.

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

Yep, and hope you'll have time to sell me some expertise before long! I have much to learn.

Mimi, I did take advantage of the Aspen sale but I already have a CYA 100 AOA which I like a lot. Under $1000 installed. Sold through Aircraft Spruce. 

Anthony, 

We really try not to be a trade show. Yes we are a very concentrated gathering of pilots and potential wallets, but really frown on hard core selling at the Mooney Summit. Soft selling thru education is very acceptable, as it fits our mission to better the breed. Premier, Oasis, AGL, Garmin, Daytona, Lightspeed, Tempest, Mooney, etc.  all get this...some dont.

It is a fine line to walk and still be able to do this without registration fees, dues, etc. at the level and quality we try to achieve, but the generosity of our sponsors and participants have always made it possible so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Oh, Midlife Crisis Mimi does not just have any old airplane... wait 'til you see what the little lady crawls out of on the Sheltair ramp! Her much loved K is mourned no longer.

Ok, what am I getting myself into here, Bob?

Not a midlife crisis, Bob...that was ever so long ago, I forget exactly what it was.. I'm calling this 20S a Final Fling. Whee. How does the quote go? Something about intending to skid in sideways, with strawberries in one hand and Champagne in the other, screaming, "Woohoo! What a ride!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

Not a midlife crisis, Bob...that was ever so long ago, I forget exactly what it was.. I'm calling this 20S a Final Fling. Whee. How does the quote go? Something about intending to skid in sideways, with strawberries in one hand and Champagne in the other, screaming, "Woohoo! What a ride!"

Okay, it's your privy*, but as old Pilate said, “What I have written I have written.” John 19:22 :rolleyes:

Image result for 60 is the new 50

* Maine humor(?)

Happy to announce another sponsor company:  Aveo  Engineering. 

They will donate a pair of TSO'ed LED Galactica Wingtip Nav/Strobes.

Also, they will be on site on Friday to display their new Mooney Wingtips for M20B to M20J models with embedded LED position and strobe lights.

-Seth

• Like 4

Do you think the Data plate of the first E , put on the  empennage  access door ,  polished and framed , would do anything at the auction ??  Obviously , as a donation , but I don't want to go through the trouble , if you think there will be no interest...

27 minutes ago, Alan Fox said:

Do you think the Data plate of the first E , put on the  empennage  access door ,  polished and framed , would do anything at the auction ??  Obviously , as a donation , but I don't want to go through the trouble , if you think there will be no interest...

I would think it would draw some interest and would make a great conservation starter.

4 hours ago, Seth said:

Happy to announce another sponsor company:  Aveo  Engineering. 

They will donate a pair of TSO'ed LED Galactica Wingtip Nav/Strobes.

Also, they will be on site on Friday to display their new Mooney Wingtips for M20B to M20J models with embedded LED position and strobe lights.

-Seth

Very cool, I'm looking forward to this

5 hours ago, kpaul said:

@mike_elliottmade a donation...see you Friday!

Thanks Kevin, your generosity and the generosity of like minded Mooney pilots and sponsors keep this event second to none, enable us to meet our mission to "better the breed" and fund the Bill Gilliland foundation! I am amazed at the kindness and generosity in our ranks.

As Seth posted, Aveo has donated a set of ULTRA GALACTICA LED STROBES, TSO'D (for left & right wings).  The attached item has been added to the revised auction fact sheet, attached to this post.

Mooney Summit V participants will have the opportunity to bid on the following silent auction items during the event:

• Lightspeed Zulu 3 headset
  • Set of 12 Tempest fine wire spark plugs
  • Jeppesen G1000 PilotPak, Full USA coverage (1-year subscription)
  • MSC annual at Oasis Aero, Inc. (KBDH)  
  • MSC annual at Daytona Aircraft (KDAB or 7FL6)
  • MSC annual at AGL Aviation (KMRN)
  • Ride with the AeroShell Acrobatic Team, during OSH or SNF practice
  • Aveo ULTRA GALACTICA LED STROBES, TSO'D (P/N AVE-WPSTG/R-54G)

All 8 items are in addition to the raffle that has become a Mooney Summit tradition.  This is my last auction update before the start of the Summit.

Bidding opens tomorrow in Panama City Beach.  Please see the following Silent Auction fact sheet for further information. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Mooney Summit V.

Summit V silent auction fact sheet v3.docx