We are pleased to announce there will be a silent auction for the Mooney Summit this year!  So far we have these items

a Lynx NGT 9000. Winning bidder will be responsible for installation by an authorized L3 service center

A Lightspeed PFX headset

A Full USA pilot pack from Jeppesen

And I am hoping to announce still yet another fantastic item!

The proceeds will be used to produce the Mooney Summit and to fund our foundation to aid downed Mooney Pilot's families. We are a 501(c)3 charity.

Stay tuned for the procedures to bid from Neil or Becky Cohen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

Bob Stevens, the fine gent, has graciously donated a B-Kool system again for one of our door prizes, Chris. Thanks Bob! Your generosity is appreciated by all of the Mooney Summit attendee's and the Mooney community.

You mean you're not going to ask the knucklehead? Do you remember the conversation with him?

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

You mean you're not going to ask the knucklehead? Do you remember the conversation with him?

Your not going to bait me into saying something disparaging about Philip, Chris. His marketing objectives simply did not line up with the mission of the Mooney Summit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marauder said: You mean you're not going to ask the knucklehead? Do you remember the conversation with him?

Your not going to bait me into saying something disparaging about Philip, Chris. His marketing objectives simply did not line up with the mission of the Mooney Summit

Now if you were running for President, I'd vote for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As it stands now, Mooney Summit IV participants will have the opportunity to bid on the following silent auction items during the event:

• L-3 Lynx NGT-9000, compete with install kit, WAAS GPS antenna, and Wi-Fi module.  The winner will be required to have this installed, at their expense, by an authorized L-3 dealer of their choice.
  • Lightspeed Zulu PFX headset
  • Set of 12 Tempest fine wire spark plugs
  • Jeppesen G1000 PilotPak, Full USA coverage (1-year subscription retail $1566.00) 

All of the above items are subject to change, and are in addition to the raffle that has become a Mooney Summit tradition.  I will post infrequent updates, including specifics on how the auction will be conducted.

Edited by neilpilot
L-3 installation is not included
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bidding opens on September 28, just 10 days from today.  All of the registered participants should have received the following Silent Auction fact sheet, but Mike Elliot has suggested I post it here to whet the appetite of Summit participants, and to give other MooneySpacers an idea of what the auction entails.

Silent auction fact sheet.docx

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tony Armour said:

Anyone hit up the Halo headset guy ? He is a Mooney owner based in Mississippi.

Yes, we talked with him a couple of times this year and last year at Sun N Fun. He wasn't interested Tony. Lightspeed was on board instantly when we asked them.

2 hours ago, Tony Armour said:

Well, his loss. I may drop an email to him. 

Another question, for donations/raffle tickets best to do that now or wait until the summit ?

Tony either is fine. Remember, Donations are to help a downed Mooney Pilot's family when they need the help the most. The Mooney Summit is our "fundraiser" and donations are not limited to attendee's, just sentient caring pilots. Last night, Alice received a call from the mother of Mr. Larson, who lost his life last July. It was of course heartbreaking listening in and feeling her pain. There are few as qualified and as caring as Alice to do this. Lets all strive to not make Alice have to write any more letters or take any more calls this year and next.

• Like 3

On September 20, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Tony Armour said:

Email sent to the Halo Mooney driver. 

Seems like he is selling more than he can make/keep up with so he is not interested in donating/advertising.

Wrong approach IMO, Mooney guys GOT to stick together :-)

I need to try my wife's out....I just wish the little control box didn't seem so cheaply made.

Just now, Tony Armour said:

Seems like he is selling more than he can make/keep up with so he is not interested in donating/advertising.

Wrong approach IMO, Mooney guys GOT to stick together :-)

I need to try my wife's out....I just wish the little control box didn't seem so cheaply made.

That was his story in 2015 and 2016 at SNF when I spoke with him. I am glad his problems are ones of super success. Cant figure out why he goes to SNF and OSH if this is the case, but who knows...

• Like 1

Hey, Andrew! When's the big flight over? Right now I'm in sunny New England, and I airline back to Atlanta on Thursday so that I can Mooney down to PC on Friday. At least the work thing isn't keeping me away from the Summit! I'm planning a 1-hour flight in clear VFR conditions, and the humidity is supposed to break on Wednesday. 

My plane will be easy to spot, it has the most un-Mooney-like paint job you are likely to see on a Mooney. Except for orangemetal's old plane, but I've lost track of where it is . . .

• 11 months later...

Ressurecting this old thread in anticipation of Mooney Summit V, so long as Irma cooperates.  Mooney Summit V participants will have the opportunity to bid on the following silent auction items during the event:

• Lightspeed Zulu 3 headset
  • Set of 12 Tempest fine wire spark plugs
  • Jeppesen G1000 PilotPak, Full USA coverage (1-year subscription)
  • MSC annual at Oasis Aero, Inc. (KBDH)  
  • MSC annual at Daytona Aircraft (KDAB or 7FL6)
  • MSC annual at AGL Aviation (KMRN)
  • Ride with the AeroShell Acrobatic Team, during OSH or SNF practice

All of the above items are in addition to the raffle that has become a Mooney Summit tradition.  I will post updates if auction specifics should change.

Bidding opens on September 28, just a little over two weeks from today.  Please see the following Silent Auction fact sheet for further information. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Mooney Summit V, assuming Irma cooperates.

Summit V silent auction fact sheet v2.docx

Edited by neilpilot
additional item added to auction
  • Like 3

Ok Guys, now is the time to go spend some JMU's on the wife so you don't get any heat from bidding on these great items! 3 Fantastic Mooney Service center annuals this year! Ever want to fly with the pros? How about with the Shell Aerobatic team. It doesn't get any better. Lightspeed has once again outdone the competition with their new Zulu 3 headset that can be yours! Tempest will keep all those cylinders firing with their fine wire plug donation, and you G1000 guys, no better way to purchase  your Jeppesen sub for next year than to have the proceeds go to the Bill Gilliland foundation. You wont find it discounted anywhere, so why not put your sub $ back into the Mooney Community! 

We are getting close, less than 2 weeks! If your not coming to the Mooney Summit V, you will be missed and will miss a fantastic time. If you want to bid and cant attend, find someone who is coming to do your dirty work :)

Did you get a plane Mimi? When I approached Aspen at SNF, they (Kyle Williams) was thinking it might not be the kind of event for them to get involved with since we are not a trade show that they can directly sell at, or something to that effect. Have at them, run point and see if you can get them to donate one. kyle.williams@aspenavionics.com if he is still with them.