64 Mooney cargo door slide bar thing?

Those actually look stronger than the originals. Good work Shane !

Thanks!

Yes they are much stronger and should last a very long time.
I'll have the joint connections with nylon washers and a compression nut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey hey! I wanted to work a few things out first. Watch the videos and I'll put the purchase link up in a bit.
547afe9433efdafa969b357b8d8ef4f4.jpg

Introduction Video:
http://vimeo.com/187910203

Installation Video:
http://vimeo.com/187910264

Edited by FlyingSchmidt
  • Like 1

Dose anyone know if that hinge was used on the 61' B models. My cargo door has a long spring that it rest on when open and you have the pull the spring forward in the same manner for it to close. I don't know if the spring was a previous owner solution, or if the spring came from the factory. Would like to get a hinge if I know it will work. 

BJ,. Got a pic?

doesn't sound like an original Mooney part.  Weight, simplicity and it works well, were key for that piece.  

It's only short coming is the unknowing guests that break them...

The B, C, D, and E (and others) are all using the same door. Some of the hardware used has changed over time.

Best regards,

-a-

I got a mental picture of how the spring works after I finished writing this.  Your PO was probably a mechanical engineer!

Great photo!

You can get some replacement materials for the door welting.  A few bucks and a couple hours of work makes it look really nice.  

Same thing for the front door as well.

Your coat hangar hook doesn't look original either? Somebody was recently selling an original around here somewhere, if you have an interest...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

For those of you who got one, I've got everything boxed up and ready to ship out. You should get shipping notices via email sometime tomorrow / Monday. Once Bucko gets back from his trip I'll let him tell you how much he likes the new one... 

(He made funny moaning sounds opening it and closing it... I nearly spit my drink out!) :)

I made 5 more this morning and will make some additional next week. 

Edited by "Chocks"

Ouch. That is significantly more than I was expecting. :mellow:

It's $30 cheaper than the original unavailable pieces of cruddy sheet metal, 10x as strong, functions like the original should have and not even a 50% markup on my cost. How else can I help you get what you need?

On October 21, 2016 at 2:54 AM, carusoam said:

Your coat hangar hook doesn't look original either? Somebody was recently selling an original around here somewhere, if you have an interest...

Anthony- his coat hanger hook is original, and exactly like my 1964.  They must have changed it for 1965.