Introduction time! '75 M20F

6 hours ago, air cooled dad said:

Fairplanes Airpark, 02MI.  Just a couple miles east of 6D6.  I'll be there this weekend!  

image.png

Holy smokes! I live like 5 miles away. Ever been out to Long Lake? I own the store on the SW side of the lake (not the one by the public access). Right under GIBER intersection. I've been up Grow Rd several times- never knew there was an air park there!

2 hours ago, Stetson20 said:

Air Park? I've been looking at those, too. Any lots for sale there? I have to work Sunday, but would love to come pick your brain for an hour or so Saturday if it doesn't interfere with your plans. And drool over your Mooney, of course! :D

Not sure about lots for sale.  It never hurts to ask. I think my relatives plan on selling a few acres next to the runway one of these days.   I'm flying up from Georgia Friday, weather permitting.  I'll be parked on downwind lane.  If the weather is bad I'll be parked at Greeneville.  Feel free to take a look.  Bounce house for the kids bday party by the hangar Saturday.  Wife says she's probably been to your store.  She's a Comstock Park native. 

Edited by air cooled dad
  • Like 1

How long is the flight? And do you stop along the way? If I see a Mooney parked out on Downwind Ln, I'll stop in for a few minutes Sat around noon, if that's okay.  I won't intrude long, maybe 10 min to ogle your plane! :D Driving a gray Dodge 1500. Have a safe flight!

Roy

• Like 1

Hello Jason

I have a 67F at Sparta 8D4 just west of 6D6 Greenville.   I am on my 4th mooney and have a ton of spare parts if you ever need anything while you are up here let me know.  I keep extra tires, tubes and other mooney specific stuff to keep my planes dispatch rate high.   I also have a Piper pacer that I love to fly into Fairlanes air park, nice grass,  Jerry I think is the guy with the large hanger on the south side, a lot of cool planes there like his stearman,  Monday nites sometimes there are some planes that fly in and hang around,  nice spot for sure,  grass is smooth and the people are friendly.   Welcome to the club,  in many ways the F model is one of the best mooneys from a combination of purchase price, performance, useful load, endurance, and so on.   I have owned (2) 201's and (1) Ovation 3 before my F model,  other than missing the known ice capability of the ovation I love everything about the F model.   Welcome to the club,  this is a great group with some very valuable information.  fly safe and have fun traveling with the kids.

Chris

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cpbloch said:

Hello Jason

I have a 67F at Sparta 8D4 just west of 6D6 Greenville.   I am on my 4th mooney and have a ton of spare parts if you ever need anything while you are up here let me know.  I keep extra tires, tubes and other mooney specific stuff to keep my planes dispatch rate high.   I also have a Piper pacer that I love to fly into Fairlanes air park, nice grass,  Jerry I think is the guy with the large hanger on the south side, a lot of cool planes there like his stearman,  Monday nites sometimes there are some planes that fly in and hang around,  nice spot for sure,  grass is smooth and the people are friendly.   Welcome to the club,  in many ways the F model is one of the best mooneys from a combination of purchase price, performance, useful load, endurance, and so on.   I have owned (2) 201's and (1) Ovation 3 before my F model,  other than missing the known ice capability of the ovation I love everything about the F model.   Welcome to the club,  this is a great group with some very valuable information.  fly safe and have fun traveling with the kids.

Chris

Chris, 

Thank you!!  I'll be at the hangar/house next door to the one with the Stearman. All of my wife's family lives within 30 miles of you. If the weather turns sour I'm sure I'll be up there again soon.  There's always my brother-in-laws Maule to play with.  I really appreciate the parts offer.  

Jason

On September 8, 2016 at 8:50 AM, cpbloch said:

Hello Jason

Chris

Chris, 

My sister lives in Sparta. Maybe I could buy you lunch and pick your brain about buying/owning a Mooney? 

Roy 

• Like 1

Sure Roy

I would be happy to meet up with you sometime.  I can see that you have been in the market for a Mooney.

my e mail is cbloch@fisenusa.com,.  Send me a note at this address and we can figure out a time that works for you to connect.

chris 

1 minute ago, Stetson20 said:

Great to meet you & your BIL, Jason :) Thanks for letting me pick your brain about your Mooney and climb in for a tour! Safe travels back to Georgia! 

Roy

Thanks Roy!!  Looking forward to seeing  what type of Mooney mistress you end up with.  Good luck in your search.  The day ended great.  Kids bouncing in a dry bounce house. Lots of hangar talk.  Maules, C-185's, Pacers...oh, and a Mooney!!!  

image.jpeg

• Like 2