Introduction time! '75 M20F

image.jpegI've been lurking for a bit.  Time for an introduction. Recently purchased a new to me '75F. 

image.jpeg

Newer paint, windows, windshield, Lasar cowl.

image.png

image.jpeg

First big trip was to Huntsville.  Surprised my son with Aviation Challenge weekend at Space Camp. 

image.jpeg

After a weekend of dogfighting my copilot fell asleep on me. 

She's equipped ok with all the required ADSB out stuff. gns430waas, gtx330es.  Added a stratus 2s after a vacuum pump failure in imc. Can't wait to install the new Garmin G5 as a backup. Looking at installing a jpi system as well 730/830...  We're based at KLGC.  Looks like our next big adventure will be a flight to Pigeon Forge to go to the water park at Dollywood. 

Jason

maddog pilot for the Big D 

• Like 14

image.jpegI've been lurking for a bit.  Time for an introduction. Recently purchased a new to me '75F. 

image.jpeg

Newer paint, windows, windshield, Lasar cowl.

image.png

image.jpeg

First big trip was to Huntsville.  Surprised my son with Aviation Challenge weekend at Space Camp. 

image.jpeg

After a weekend of dogfighting my copilot fell asleep on me. 

She's equipped ok with all the required ADSB out stuff. gns430waas, gtx330es.  Added a stratus 2s after a vacuum pump failure in imc. Can't wait to install the new Garmin G5 as a backup. Looking at installing a jpi system as well 730/830...  We're based at KLGC.  Looks like our next big adventure will be a flight to Pigeon Forge to go to the water park at Dollywood. 

Jason

maddog pilot for the Big D 

Welcome to the F troop! I love my 75 F. Post some more pix of your plane. Always love what others are doing to their planes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome 75F also.   mine is 70V    there is paperwork from the factory around december 1974 so they are at least cousins.  Best we can tell there are lots of undocumented features as the 75 and 76 were test beds for the J models

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 211º said:

And we're flying to Huntsville to drop off a spacecamper on Sunday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fbo, Signature at khsv, dropped us off at the check in area for space camp.  I used Uber when we left a few days later.  Parking fees were waived since I topped off.  My son wants to do the whole week next summer.  That place is great!!  

Jason

LGC is a great field. Great fuel prices and full serve at the self serve pump! Good burgers and dogs on weekends too. When my boys were little we flew up to Huntsville a couple times to  check out the space center stuff. It is one of those flights that takes about 40 or 45 minutes from Atlanta, but if you drive it's four hours! Welcome to the board!

Regards, Frank

• Like 1

The fbo, Signature at khsv, dropped us off at the check in area for space camp.  I used Uber when we left a few days later.  Parking fees were waived since I topped off.  My son wants to do the whole week next summer.  That place is great!!  

Jason

Dropping the younger daughter off for the week. She's excited. Good tip re: uber and signature. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, air cooled dad said:

image.jpeg

I need to add some flair to the hangar!

image.jpeg

Tonights sunset at kcco.

KCCO - Newnan-Coweta County Airport, Whitlock Field.  The Whitlock portion was added as a memorial to Capt Nick Whitlock whom, along with 3 other crew members, were killed in an aircraft crash while supporting military operations in the Horn of Africa.

RIP – Ratchet 33 – 20 Feb 2011

Capt Nicholas Whitlock

Capt Ryan Hall

1Lt Justin Wilkens

SRA Julian Scholten

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kpaul said:

KCCO - Newnan-Coweta County Airport, Whitlock Field.  The Whitlock portion was added as a memorial to Capt Nick Whitlock whom, along with 3 other crew members, were killed in an aircraft crash while supporting military operations in the Horn of Africa.

RIP – Ratchet 33 – 20 Feb 2011

Capt Nicholas Whitlock

Capt Ryan Hall

1Lt Justin Wilkens

SRA Julian Scholten

Thank you for sharing.  I didn't know that. After 25 years of flying I unfortunately know of a few airports with friends names added to the name. 

• 1 month later...
On July 31, 2016 at 10:40 PM, air cooled dad said:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!   We are planning lots of trips to see family up in Michigan, beach runs to Florida and teaching my wife and son. Transitioning back to props from jets has been fun!!   My son is hooked.  He wants to be an astronaut.  

Jason

Jason, where in Michigan? I'm looking to buy and have found hangar space @ 6D6 which is 30 NE of GRR. SWA FO here. Congrats on the Mooney! I'm jealous!

Roy aka Stetson20

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stetson20 said:

Jason, where in Michigan? I'm looking to buy and have found hangar space @ 6D6 which is 30 NE of GRR. SWA FO here. Congrats on the Mooney! I'm jealous!

Roy aka Stetson20

Fairplanes Airpark, 02MI.  Just a couple miles east of 6D6.  I'll be there this weekend!  

image.png

Air Park? I've been looking at those, too. Any lots for sale there? I have to work Sunday, but would love to come pick your brain for an hour or so Saturday if it doesn't interfere with your plans. And drool over your Mooney, of course! :D