We reworked the electrical connections to the transducer and the issue resolved.  I wouldn't have thought that loose electrical connections could have made FF go high.  I am guessing a loose power or signal wire would have flow indication go low - or to zero.  But, a loose ground wire might have been the culprit.  Thanks again for all your comments.  I will continue to watch it, of course.  But, it seems to be working correctly after an hour of operation.  

• Like 2

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We reworked the electrical connections to the transducer and the issue resolved.  I wouldn't have thought that loose electrical connections could have made FF go high.  I am guessing a loose power or

No need to bleed. After you reconnect the fuel lines turn the boost pump to check for FF. The whole process takes less than an hour and you can get the carburetor cleaner spray can from Pep Boys for $

We goofed around with mine for almost two months. Cleaning the transducer didn't work so I ordered a new transducer thinking that was it and after install it would read normal, sometimes zero and some

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Stormy said:

We reworked the electrical connections to the transducer and the issue resolved.  I wouldn't have thought that loose electrical connections could have made FF go high.  I am guessing a loose power or signal wire would have flow indication go low - or to zero.  But, a loose ground wire might have been the culprit.  Thanks again for all your comments.  I will continue to watch it, of course.  But, it seems to be working correctly after an hour of operation.  

Curious which connections you reworked. Since you mentioned JPI, I assume you mean the Molex connector where the transducer pigtail connects to the wiring that runs to the engine monitor. The Molex connector is not a very high quality connector and uses tin plated pins. On my 1994 M20J, Mooney used a much better CPC connector which has gold plated pins. You might consider replacing the connector to avoid future problems.

Skip