Right Turn Tendency

I had the same problem with the exact issue of one aileron slightly up in level flight. Additionally I was getting significantly 20 mph+ under book TAS numbers I had my plane re-rigged by foothill aircraft in southern ca they have the original rigging boards. My roll tendancy is gone ailerons are even in level flight and i picked up 20 to 25 mph TAS. On a side note i had a former A&P who adjusted a flap down to correct the roll this just exasperated the airspeed issue. Get it done right have a shop with the equipment re-rig your ailerons and elevator. 

Edited by markazzarito
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 4:12 PM, SoMooney said:

Hi All, I have to resurrect this thread because I still haven't solved the issue. I put in an Accutrak and it works but when the needle of the CDI is right it dives hard to correct it cause of the turning tendency. 

I want to adjust the ailerons. Does anyone have a good work instruction on how to do this? Is it in the belly? I haven't gotten in there yet but my A&P said he took off the outer inspection plates and the push rod was pinned on that end not threaded. 

If you are going to make adjustments, be sure to check the witness holes in the rod ends afterward. If not, you could end up with insufficient threads to hold your ailerons to the push rods. This could make for an ugly situation in flight.