Fuel Smell When Leaning?

It’s an NPT fitting.  No washers. Undertorquing it causes it to vibrate in the hole and strip the threads. Then you have to re tap th hole and hope it clocks right when it’s torqued. And you have to remove the intake tubes to re tap the holes too. 

10 hours ago, jetdriven said:

It’s an NPT fitting.  No washers. Undertorquing it causes it to vibrate in the hole and strip the threads. Then you have to re tap th hole and hope it clocks right when it’s torqued. And you have to remove the intake tubes to re tap the holes too. 

It’s been a long time since I’ve pulled my injectors off. (Oem).  I moved them around, but it didn’t change Gami spread at all.   Are the little screens adjustable at all?  

Should one torque the injector less than 60 inch pounds to get the letter to face down? 

or go over 60 inch pounds to make another half turn to get the letter to face down?

It appears mine were installed with over 60 inch pounds of torque....

Should one torque the injector less than 60 inch pounds to get the letter to face down? 
or go over 60 inch pounds to make another half turn to get the letter to face down?
It appears mine were installed with over 60 inch pounds of torque....

I don’t know where y’all getting the letter orientation from, here is their instructions
75194ab70dc02b8615cb78f642597716.jpg

5 hours ago, teejayevans said:

I don’t know where y’all getting the letter orientation from, here is their instructions
75194ab70dc02b8615cb78f642597716.jpg

The instructions that came with with the IO360 GAMIs say to torque to 60 inch pounds and the letter should be within one flat of the bottom.

My questions is that at 60 inch pounds the letter is facing up, so it needs half a turn more which will exceed 60 inch pounds....

I guess TCM is different....

Edited by ABCDEF

The instructions that came with with the IO360 GAMIs say to torque to 60 inch pounds and the letter should be within one flat of the bottom.
My questions is that at 60 inch pounds the letter is facing up, so it needs half a turn more which will exceed 60 inch pounds....
I guess TCM is different....

TCM is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fuel smell when leaning video I think is on the beech owners group. I’m trying to get logged in to find it. I’ve search you tube high and low and it’s not on there any more. It showed a camera mounted under cowl inflight with voice over the video and as he leaned and came upon peak egt fuel started spitting out of the vent hole. If anyone is on the beech Owens group try a search for “fuel smell leaning” and I bet it will come up. Again it only happened with Gamis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro