Dream Panel?

Let's just cut our losses here. 8 Track does have something in common with aviation - it was invented by William Lear. I can get past Barry Manilow, but the Village People? Really?

My guess I was trying to impress some girl I was dating. Some of those 8 tracks I can't remember playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure sure, that's what you want us to believe...are you a politician?

Be extremely cautious with those 8-tracks. I'm pretty sure that stacking a Barry Manilow cartridge on a Village People cartridge can cause some serious galvanic corrosion.

• Like 2

OK, I think I have it figured out.  Going with an Aspen E1000,  JPI EDM 830, GTN 650, GTX 327, 8-track player, and s-tech 30. Removing vacuum system, keeping round dial airspeed, Altitude, FF and MP gauges for now as I'm not quite ready to make the 830 primary (I fear technology).  Appointment scheduled at Muncie Aviation in Sept for install.  

This stuff is double what I payed for the plane, so it should double what the plane is worth, right???  Hello?  *crickets*. 

:-)

*This post produced afer a rum and diet night. 

• Like 3

330ES.

And Possibly upgrade to a record player! Pink Floyd on vinyl is still amazing!!

Good luck with MAC, they Missed several ADs when our airplane was annulled there prior to purchase.  Not impressive.

-Matt

22 hours ago, Discus said:

OK, I think I have it figured out.  Going with an Aspen E1000,  JPI EDM 830, GTN 650, GTX 327, 8-track player, and s-tech 30. Removing vacuum system, keeping round dial airspeed, Altitude, FF and MP gauges for now as I'm not quite ready to make the 830 primary (I fear technology).  Appointment scheduled at Muncie Aviation in Sept for install.  

This stuff is double what I payed for the plane, so it should double what the plane is worth, right???  Hello?  *crickets*. 

:-)

*This post produced afer a rum and diet night. 

Yay!  This thread is back on the tracks!

It's going to be nice.  I'm happy for you!

I feel ya on the upgrades.  I just paid half of what I paid for the plane just to get the center stack fixed up and some minor stuff for now.  I'll be doing a similar install to yours later. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 1:45 AM, Hyett6420 said:

And have you noticed that they are always white.  How anyone can trace them i never know.  

At least on the 1975 version they are actually labeled with very small black letters.  If you stare at them long enough with the light in the right direction there are words like Com1 and ADF.  Then they go to a cannon plug and into a larger bundle of wires. then make it over to the breaker panel.

Edited by Yetti
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bob_Belville said:

An ASI and an Altimeter isn't 10% of what an Aspen shows the discriminating pilot.

Likewise a JPI EDM 930 does a lot more than show you whether the oil pressure is in the green.

Agreed!  After all I'm not flying the Concord or even a little Boeing. There are many things to like about glass, and not the least is the complete picture provided in a single instrument. I'm also interested in the increased reliability without a vacuum system, and the increased useful load. Finally, I'm a bit of a gadget geek and make my living on the bleeding edge of technology. Therefore I'm very comfortable with digital screens, software, and am not rattled by miscellaneous glitches or bugs in the code.

• Like 1

I like the air data computer behind the digital screen.  More data specific to what I am flying.... Wind speed and direction continuously with weather and traffic overlayed...

i have learned about the instrument layouts in both cars and planes.  Important stuff often occurs at 12:00 or 3:00 or 6:00 on each dial...  Shift points or stall speeds or redlines...

Really helpful when you fly multiple machines.

Best regards,

-a-

46 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Ive never seen glass in action only on a display stand so perhaps i am a bit biased. 

OK check this out in my plane. A friend did the first video.  The next 2 were a demonstration of the ESI 500 that I had installed to replace the original ESI 2000 backup display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5qVK4TLRrg&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=282JSodOg0c

Just now, donkaye said:

OK check this out in my plane. A friend did the first video.  The next 2 were a demonstration of the ESI 500 that I had installed to replace the original ESI 2000 backup display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5qVK4TLRrg&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=282JSodOg0c

I don't know. I couldn't get past the dirty yoke. :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marauder said:

I don't know. I couldn't get past the dirty yoke. :)

I would do the yokes in leather, but every wire in the yoke would have to be removed to take the yoke off.  That includes autopilot, speed brakes, CWS, Recorder, Traffic Mute, Push to Command, and Transponder.  Everything works now.  Trying to troubleshoot yoke wiring after doing the yokes is just not on my agenda.

• Like 2

I would do the yokes in leather, but every wire in the yoke would have to be removed to take the yoke off.  That includes autopilot, speed brakes, CWS, Recorder, Traffic Mute, Push to Command, and Transponder.  Everything works now.  Trying to troubleshoot yoke wiring after doing the yokes is just not on my agenda.

Good heavens!!! Are you flying a Mooney or an F-16??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Guitarmaster said:

Good heavens!!! Are you flying a Mooney or an F-16??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think there is another Mooney in the fleet including all new Acclaims that have an avionics setup like mine.  It took a lot of planning and study to get exactly what I wanted---and I've already changed it twice since it was original completed, replacing the ESI 2000 with the ESI 500, the GMA 35 with the GMA 35c and the GTX 330ES with the GTX 335.

• Like 1

Don, Don, Don... its only money. You pay people to do that stuff for ya.