Screaming Eagle Upgrade (310 HP with Scimitar Prop)

Make sure your seatbelt is very tight before your first departure . . . Anthony can fill you in on what the upgrade is like, but he started with more than 244. 

Hope your face survives the really bug grin!!

• Like 1

My 310 upgrade was worth every penny and was just from 280HP to 310HP. 

Looks like you fixed the sagging prop problem.  I know this because your plane looks identical to mine and your plane's in flight pics are my desk top :) 

How did you correct it?

Driver

8 hours ago, M20S Driver said:

My 310 upgrade was worth every penny and was just from 280HP to 310HP. 

Looks like you fixed the sagging prop problem.  I know this because your plane looks identical to mine and your plane's in flight pics are my desk top :) 

How did you correct it?

Driver

Yes...New lords mounts last year

George,

Do you prefer metal or plastic with that?

Thin bladed aluminum TopProp or composite?

Interested in your thought process related to...

- WnB.

- rotational inertia / flywheel effect.

- blade life issues.

- four blade prop from that European manufacturer.

- any way to avoid the step change between the smallish spinner and cowl design?

Not that you will need it, but...  Good luck with your install.  :)

Best regards,

-a-

19 hours ago, GeorgePerry said:

Plane was dropped off at Premiere Aircraft (Mooney Dealer) in Ft Lauderdale yesterday for the upgrade.  When I see it again, it'll have a 3 blade hartzell scimitar and 310 HP, up from 244.  Should be a hoot! 

310 upgrade.JPG

Same prop as on the Acclaim type S by chance, or the 7 kt slower scimitar?

As mentioned above 29.5-29.8 gph sea level takeoff FF. Make sure you get all 2700 rpm. When my mechanic was adjusting my rpm he came up to me afterwards and was still shaking. I guess he never had a plane pull itself along with the wheels locked and chirping down the taxi way:) On days when the temperatures are high I take off and climb with the low boost pump on. I have found on my plane with OAT above 76F that I will have a few run away EGT's from fuel vaporizing. The fuel pump keeps them all in line. Have fun, it's a great setup!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cruiser said:

Make certain they crank up your max FF. even if it is well within TCM specs now,

Advanced Pilot Seminars (APS) feel it should be 29.5 for very sound ENGINEERING reasons. This will drop your EGTs and CHT on takeoff. 

I'll be sure to mention that to Ray at Premier,..Thx!

On July 7, 2016 at 2:37 AM, GeorgePerry said:

Plane was dropped off at Premiere Aircraft (Mooney Dealer) in Ft Lauderdale yesterday for the upgrade.  When I see it again, it'll have a 3 blade hartzell scimitar and 310 HP, up from 244.  Should be a hoot! 

310 upgrade.JPG

Fantastic!

I upgraded from a M20E to an Eagle more than a year ago. I got my M20S with the 310HP STC already.

I would not want to miss the acceleration and climb performance. T/o performance like the M20E, cockpit space and cruise speed of the Ovation.

The bill hurts until the check is cashed. You will enjoy the performance for many years!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

8 cylinders is so yesterday.  Everyone has 10 cylinders these days.

16 between all of my planes.  I'll have to down size.

Clarence