Any Mooniacs with a 360fly yet?

HRM

23 hours ago, BradB said:

I've put it in and out of my online shopping cart a few times.  Looks like it could get some fun shots.

Use your $500 rebate from Uncle to buy it.

On July 3, 2016 at 6:05 PM, HRM said:

Use your $500 rebate from Uncle to buy it.

Holding off on that upgrade at the moment.   I get to replace 6 cylinders on my tsio-550g first.  The adsb will wait another year.   Maybe the rebate will be even more.  

4 hours ago, steingar said:

I've yet to see an aviation video that was even remotely interesting that didn't involve activities on the part of the participants that weren't outright illegal or at least really stupid.

My favorites are the flightseeing Mooney that stalled and started to spin over a lake, and the idiots in the Bonanza, VFR into IMC in western NC mountains, who knocked out a Nav light and dented their leading edge . . . just a hair's breadth from death.

The camera is actually like multiple GoPro's. The video is viewed such that you can pan and tilt as you view because the 360º data is there.

If mounted on the glare shield, you get the pilot, the copilot, out the side, out the front, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a short video.  Just playing around with it, not much to see on this one.  Flight back to KERI (Erie, PA) from KBED (Lexington, MA). 16000 ft.

To watch 360° videos, you need the latest version of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or Internet Explorer on your computer. On mobile devices, use the latest version of the YouTube app for Android or iOS.

The best is to watch it on the youtube app on your phone.  The video will pan around as you move your phone.

The short URL is https://youtu.be/kSVMdbbw48Y

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Here is a short video.  Just playing around with it, not much to see on this one.  Flight back to KERI (Erie, PA) from KBED (Lexington, MA). 16000 ft.

To watch 360° videos, you need the latest version of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or Internet Explorer on your computer. On mobile devices, use the latest version of the YouTube app for Android or iOS.

The best is to watch it on the youtube app on your phone.  The video will pan around as you move your phone.

Thanks for posting that, the base video is so weird (Mac, Safari), but the resolution is incredible.

On the iPhone it's just too cool--thanks again.

Thanks for posting!   Looks very cool.   I looked up the specs on the newest version and it  says it will accept a BT audio input.   This could be really fantastic if it will link up with my BT audio panel.   Video with ATC with no wires!

joe