Who's coming to Oshkosh?

JKSmith

I will be there all week.  I will be flying in the Mooney Caravan and then will be at the Mooney Pavillion all week with Mooney Ambassadors and Mooney Girls.  For me, OSH is like a huge family reunion. I have never encountered anyone that was snobby, actually the opposite.  There are a lot of famous pilots, but they are just part of the family.  Hope to see you there!

Landing on the yellow dot was a ton of fun last year!! Woot woot

IMG_8857.JPG

IMG_9862.JPG

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mooneygirl said:

I will be there all week.  I will be flying in the Mooney Caravan and then will be at the Mooney Pavillion all week with Mooney Ambassadors and Mooney Girls.  For me, OSH is like a huge family reunion. I have never encountered anyone that was snobby, actually the opposite.  There are a lot of famous pilots, but they are just part of the family.  Hope to see you there!

IMG_8857.JPG

IMG_9862.JPG

Looks awesome! I'll be looking for ya! Stop by N7122V I'll be around! 

Just now, N5756v said:

I don't think I am comfortable enough to be landing around that many planes . I think I will wait until next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's one factor that concernes me, but I'm prepping for it by practicing at some class C airspace, doing some on the numbers landings and of course reading the notam. I'm a totally different person when I fly. I play no games and put safety first, I just hope everyone else does the same!! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, N1395W said:

Everybody planning to go to the Mooney Forum at 1000 on Monday?  Maybe stick around after to meet and put faces to names?

I think it would be a good idea to have a mooney forum meet and greet. Putting a face with a name always helps! 

12 hours ago, mooneygirl said:

IMG_8857.JPG

Great pic.  I like how they matched your wingwalk to the paint color.  I've never seen that before.

I took two weeks off to fly cross country.  Would like to stop at Oshkosh but I do not want to deal with the craziness.  I am considering landing at one of the nearby airports, renting a car and camping out on the North 40 if possible.  I am thinking of coming in on Sun and staying until about Wed.  Any recommendations?

John Breda

john.breda@gmail.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbridges said:

Great pic.  I like how they matched your wingwalk to the paint color.  I've never seen that before.

I had my Mooneys painted at ArtCraft Paint in Santa Maria CA. They have really become an expert Mooney paint shop having painted over 60.  Anyway, part of the price of the paint job is five hours of body work, plus the design work and great paint.  I chose to have my wingwalk be the paint plus Pismo Beach sand. It is unique and has worn just as well as the black stuff many folks have.  ArtCraft will be at OSH 16 and has a special promotion for Mooney Owners.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, N5756v said:

I don't think I am comfortable enough to be landing around that many planes . I think I will wait until next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not trying to talk you in to something you might be uncomfortable with, but I thought I would share my experience flying the Fisk arrival last year.  First of course you get the NOTAM and immediately get overwhelmed.  Probably the best thing I did was go on YouTube and watched every single "Landing at OSH" "Fisk Arrival" video I could find.  EAA also has a pretty good video.  When I was watching the video I would stop it and take a screen shot of important points. 

I staged out of Poplar Grove, illinois C77. Steve and Tina Thomas who own this airport are the best. We left about 8:30 in the morning on the Saturday before OSH.  The flight was a quick 30 minutes. I had my BFF in the right seat who is also a private pilot.  Was it busy?  Yes.  But I decided I was going to fly EXACTLY the published arrival. I did not go over speed or over/under altitude.  Slowing a Mooney down that much for that long took some practice.

The arrival was the thrill of a lifetime.  Someone cut me off on final, they were supposed to land on the taxiway and landed on my runway instead.  It wasn't a big deal.  It was just a right of passage so to speak. Now this year I will fly the mass arrival Mooney Caravan.

IMG_9822.JPG

IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9843.JPG

IMG_9846.JPG

IMG_9852.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M20F-1968 said:

I took two weeks off to fly cross country.  Would like to stop at Oshkosh but I do not want to deal with the craziness.  I am considering landing at one of the nearby airports, renting a car and camping out on the North 40 if possible.  I am thinking of coming in on Sun and staying until about Wed.  Any recommendations?

John Breda

john.breda@gmail.com

I sent you an email offline John.

On July 1, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Hector said:

Planning on being there Friday before to hopefully avoid the craziness and get a good spot on the north 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also will be getting in Friday, Im hoping for about a 1700 arrival time. DEF will be looking for you Hector! 

On July 1, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Hector said: Planning on being there Friday before to hopefully avoid the craziness and get a good spot on the north 40.

I also will be getting in Friday, Im hoping for about a 1700 arrival time. DEF will be looking for you Hector! 

Likewise. I'll be flying from North Florida so I think 1700 is likely for me as well. Hopefully a little earlier. I am planning on an early departure.

On July 2, 2016 at 9:00 AM, steingar said:

Could do it after the owners forum, or better yet paritisize the Mooney Caravan tent one evening.

We can use the Mooney Caravan tent on Monday at 6 PM to do a MooneySpace get together if you guys promise to show up. Who is willing to come on Monday at 6 PM?

Yves

• Like 4

On July 2, 2016 at 9:00 AM, steingar said: Could do it after the owners forum, or better yet paritisize the Mooney Caravan tent one evening.

We can use the Mooney Caravan tent on Monday at 6 PM to do a MooneySpace get together if you guys promise to show up. Who is willing to come on Monday at 6 PM?

Yves

I'll be there, Yves. Should have two others with me.