Who's coming to Oshkosh?

JKSmith

I will be down there on Thursday, the 28th, for the Lancair Banquet.  If I'm lucky I may be able to tack an additional day on the front or back of Thursday.  Rocket will be staying home, as I can drive that trip in 2 1/2 hours from the U.P. (and leave after dark in my car).

Tom

8 hours ago, jetdriven said: Ill be there Sunday, Monday and maybe tuesday.

Bringing your paint job?

I must warn you that Byron covers his plane with a tarp now and charges $5 a head to look underneath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There will likely be 50 Mooney's parked together in the North 40. So it's a great place to come look at paint jobs, panel layouts, mods, etc. There's also a huge party tent with tables, chairs, lights, power (for charging devices), etc. If you're not parking with the group in the North 40, please come down to say hi and hang out with us. All are welcome.

• Like 1

JKSmith: 

I Have been part of the Mooney Caravan for 4 years (What do you mean by Mooney group? Do you mean Mooneyspacers? Mapa? Mooney Caravan?) and always felt welcome even if I am from foreign origin: From Quebec with French as mother tongue.

There could be some people that prefer to hang with others than us but it is normal that some could have different fields of interest. With the number of Mooneys present at Oshkosh I am pretty sure you will find people that have common interest.

Please come at the Mooney Caravan tent and introduce yourself.

Regards,

Yves

• Like 1

On July 1, 2016 at 8:54 AM, gsxrpilot said:

There will likely be 50 Mooney's parked together in the North 40. So it's a great place to come look at paint jobs, panel layouts, mods, etc. There's also a huge party tent with tables, chairs, lights, power (for charging devices), etc. If you're not parking with the group in the North 40, please come down to say hi and hang out with us. All are welcome.

What time does the caravan land. I'm doing the AVC race and it finishes up in Wausau at around 10:30. 

Actually the race starts at 9am so i cant be at Oshkosh until around 12:15

Edited by jetdriven

7 hours ago, jastu23 said:

My friends and I will be flying in on Saturday. This puts us usually nearby the large showers in the North Forty. Two Mooneys, mine is N1137Z. Look for the Wisconsin Badgers EZ-up tent. I'm not the most outgoing guy, but I find that if a shared love for our Mooneys isn't enough to break the ice, a cold beer is. Haha. Hope to see you there. Safe flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be looking for you since I plan to park on the north 40 as well. I've got a 5 hour flight ahead of me, which is the further ive ever been in any GA aircraft and the furthest my mooney has been from home in 8 years. 

32 minutes ago, JKSmith said:

I'll be looking for you since I plan to park on the north 40 as well. I've got a 5 hour flight ahead of me, which is the further ive ever been in any GA aircraft and the furthest my mooney has been from home in 8 years. 

5 hours? You must be flying from somewhere other than the Logan County KY area.? Looks like a 440 nm trip.

38 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

5 hours? You must be flying from somewhere other than the Logan County KY area.? Looks like a 440 nm trip.

Yep I'm leaving from 4m7. And meeting a friend 3/4 of the way there. Gotta ask, how did you figure I was in Logan county? 

Just now, JKSmith said:

Yep I'm leaving from 4m7. And meeting a friend 3/4 of the way there. Gotta ask, how did you figure I was in Logan county? 

Look at the info you share under your name!

JKSmith

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • JKSmith
  • Basic Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLogan county Ky 5KY4
  • Reg #:N7122V
  • Model:M20F
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, carl said:

your name thingy says logan county ky

Your

4 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Look at the info you share under your name!

JKSmith

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • JKSmith
  • Basic Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLogan county Ky 5KY4
  • Reg #:N7122V
  • Model:M20F

Your right, I thought I had the FAA watching me haha

No idea who took the photo of us departing OSH but I can tell you, they line up on the side of 27 with cameras and lens as big as trash cans...well, maybe not that big.  The picture I posted was actually on the 2015 Airventure webpage, so I like to share that part whenever I can. Hahaha

see you there 

• Like 2