Who's coming to Oshkosh?

JKSmith

Just now, JKSmith said:

Are you camping or just staying for a day? 

Plan on coming in either Sat. or Sun. depending on the wx.  We'll be staying at least through Wednesday.  Hoping to leave Thurs, but again everything depends on the wx.

I'll be there Wed-Sun. I've been once before, but that was well prior to even finishing my PPL.  I'll bring my '68C and will camp with a friend who has a '67C.   Hopefully we'll be on the north 40, but if its full, we'll be in vintage plane camping.

The Mooney Caravan plans to move as a flight of 40-50(?) from KMSN to KOSH Sunday morning (7/24). Many will be camping together in the North Forty area. Non-campers will be parking in the North Forty parking area or the Vintage Parking area for plane built before 1971. Nancy and I are not camping so we'll probably be in the vintage parking area. We should be there through Thursday. 

Mooney International, MAPA, Mooney Ambassadors, Mooney Girls... all will have a presence. There's a site map at the EAA AirVenture website.

http://www.mooneycaravan.com/

• Like 2

Depending on WX I'll be heading up Saturday or Sunday, and staying on the north 40. Luckily a good friend of mine (that happens to be my CFI) and I are going to meet up at a airport south of Oshkosh and arrive in together so I won't be solo during the show. Unfortunately for me he's flying a 170 Cessna so I'll have to fly on the slow side or leave a little later behind him. I hoping to stay until Wednesday, I may leave sooner or stay later depending on WX and how well I enjoy the show. 

Anyone going later in the week close to Roanoke, VA? I will be at the beach until the 27th but would love to go if I can catch a ride.  Wishful thinking but I thought I would try.  

32 minutes ago, Wakeup said:

Anyone going later in the week close to Roanoke, VA? I will be at the beach until the 27th but would love to go if I can catch a ride.  Wishful thinking but I thought I would try.  

If you was on the way I would stop 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, yvesg said:

If any of you want to camp near the Mooney Caravan group, plan to arrive at noon on Sunday.

Yves

I don't care where I camp as long as I'm not surrounded by abunch of old farts that think they're better than me! I'm not saying that the Mooney group is like that but here lately I've been looked down upon by the some people that ive encountered. I don't know if it's my age or what but some people are not very friendly. 

3 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

Ill be there Sunday, Monday and maybe tuesday.

Sounds good! Look for N7122V and you'll find me. I get the clique thing as well sometimes it's present sometimes it isn't. 

Edited by JKSmith

1 hour ago, JKSmith said:

I don't care where I camp as long as I'm not surrounded by abunch of old farts that think they're better than me! I'm not saying that the Mooney group is like that but here lately I've been looked down upon by the some people that ive encountered. I don't know if it's my age or what but some people are not very friendly. 

I think you're confusing sun n' fun

My friends and I will be flying in on Saturday. This puts us usually nearby the large showers in the North Forty. Two Mooneys, mine is N1137Z. Look for the Wisconsin Badgers EZ-up tent. I'm not the most outgoing guy, but I find that if a shared love for our Mooneys isn't enough to break the ice, a cold beer is. Haha. Hope to see you there. Safe flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JKSmith said:

OSH is a fine event.  

There are many social strata represented,however.  

If you arrive flying your own P-61  and have a former astronaut (at least one lunar mission) as your golf cart driver they'll all respect you. Perhaps.   

I will be there, mingling with the hoi polloi, and generally having a great time. Hope to see you there.

• Like 2