Worlds most secure door

Ok, thread creep.....

I went to buy gas and the pump refused my credit card, so I tried my debit card, that was refused too. There was no cell service and I was a little miffed. Couldn't call the bank and low on fuel... The bank apparently saw me buy gas in Chandler and then buy gas three hours later 500 miles away and flagged it. No phones anywhere, there was a phone box on the pump with an empty socket. 

Anyway, my wife got a text from the bank and approved it, five minutes later I tried it again and it worked.

has anybody else had this problem?

That happened to me at Chandler a few years ago. Filled up one day & took a cousin for a sight seeing flight.  Later that day I tried to fill up again at CHD & was declined. If I remember I now call VISA and tell them I'm going to be traveling before I leave

Just now, amillet said:

That happened to me at Chandler a few years ago. Filled up one day & took a cousin for a sight seeing flight.  Later that day I tried to fill up again at CHD & was declined. If I remember I now call VISA and tell them I'm going to be traveling before I leave

I guess I should make that a checklist item....

Flying didn't used to be this complicated....

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

You don't think blind people should have access to their money :) 

Sure they should! But in a driving only lane? What are they doing, riding in the back seat?? There are many walk up ATMs, even in small town Alabama where I live.

A friend of mine stopped some place in Montana for fuel last week. Just a pump with no credit card control or anything. Sign said, "we are on the honor system here. Just write your name, address, and gallonage on this log. I'll send you a bill at the end of the month." How wonderful is that?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cloud116 said:

A friend of mine stopped some place in Montana for fuel last week. Just a pump with no credit card control or anything. Sign said, "we are on the honor system here. Just write your name, address, and gallonage on this log. I'll send you a bill at the end of the month." How wonderful is that?

Hate to one up you but I stopped at an airport in Kansas that had a legal pad and a coffee can with about $500 in cash in it. It said to write down how much gas you took and put the money in the can.

• Like 1

Fuel stop in Wink, TX in 2009: Airport unattended except for a dog who greeted us excitedly.  Fuel pumps were on.  Note on FBO door -- "we are out today.  Leave your phone number".   We did.  

When I called out "clear prop" the dog ran back about 50 feet.  Smart airport dog.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NotarPilot said:

I've noticed this on the drive thru ATMs. They actually have Braille on the keypad. Huh?

ADA dictates this due to the fact that cab rides for the "sight impaired" are usually free or deeply discounted.  

ATMs use a standard off the shelf key pad that happens to be in Braille as well, same as with signs in an FBO that has a sign for the pilots lounge in Braille, it's not that they are expecting a blind pilot, it's to let a blind person know what is behind that door. CTAF is common at unattended facilities, but the honor system for fuel is brave, very brave.

9 hours ago, cloud116 said:

There was probably a video camera on a pole recording your N number and fuel dispensed. Not all pilots understand English. Hijole gasolina gratis!!!

José

Edited by Piloto