I'm Mad as Hell

So some of you may recall that I took my ATP written in July of 2014. I haven't done much about doing a check ride until a few weeks ago. A friend of mine who took the test at the same time called me up and said he found training and a check ride and he was going to do it. So he shamed me into doing it too.

Here's the deal, I don't even have a commercial license, so I called around and found a DE who agreed to give me a multiengine commercial upgrade and ATP check ride the same day If I got my single engine commercial. Well I scheduled the written test for today. I thought I had all my ducks in a row until I mentioned to the test lady that I had taken the commercial written three times before ( I always passed in the high 80s). She said that I couldn't take the test again unless I produced the results of the last test or had a letter from the FAA! I told her that the last time I took it was over ten years ago and I don't have the old test scores.

I can't find the regulation that says this. She couldn't find the regulation that says it either. She called CATs and they confirmed that that is what the FAA wants.

I scheduled the test for as late in the day as they would give the test so I didn't have to take much time off work. Well the FAA was closed in Oklahoma and the person that could approve the re-test had gone home. Now I have to take time off tomorrow...

JUST VENTING....

I have been studying like a fiend to get ready for this test, just to be told to go home...

Sorry buddy.  I know how it is to take off work and things fall thorough.  Especially if you like where you work. 

Hope all goes well.  Good luck. 

Breath in...let it out...  I deal with the State Office in the surrounding states, same deal.  I learned to keep my mouth shut. Lol

Strange, if you didn't say anything would she have noticed? Go to a different facility? 

Hang in there. I was a week away from my CFI checkride. Ride was scheduled. Had a scheduling snag with the CP of the flight school, delayed... Left on a 3 week work trip, both CFI/FOI writtens expired. Never went back to finish it. 

Also tried to take a private checkride in a twin helicopter, turns out there were only 3 DPE's in the country that could do the ride. Ended up finishing in the R44. 

The governmental caveats are kinda funny, but they just not set up for stuff out of the norm I guess. 

Hope you can get it sorted out,

-Matt