Opinions on this 252

He's a professional.  He won't mind a bit to have someone poke around his airplane, he'll completely understand the situation.

If nothing else, your guy will be a professional set of eyes to let you know what you're buying.  He'll probably spend most of his time on the logbooks.  Things like, "I wonder why they had to work on the turbocharger 3 years in a row?" (As an example).  You'll probably need someone who knows generally where to look on a Mooney for problems like corrosion and who knows a lot about turbocharged Continentals.

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I wonder what a well respected shop like AirMods, LASAR, Don Maxwell, SWTA, etc. think when after they rebuild an airplane, fix it up and sell it off only to have the new owner promptly gear it up?

"Cha-ching" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PaulM said:

Dave showed me the belly on that plane when I was last in the shop.     They geared it up on the ferry flight home from Air Mods. 

Do I understand this correctly?  Someone bought the plane, picked it up from Air Mods and flew it home. On the way home, they geared up the airplane? Did they turn around and send it back to Dave at Air Mods?

I looked at the plane back in July 2016 and was very interested initially but passed on it because of the panel.

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

Do I understand this correctly?  Someone bought the plane, picked it up from Air Mods and flew it home. On the way home, they geared up the airplane? 

On final they were thinking "People are right!  These Mooneys really are hard to slow down!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1