Check out M20E - Cincinnati

Hello all,  Have been a lurker until now.  I have a CFI that I'm scheduled to go up with for the checkout (5 hours for insurance company) on newly acquired M20E in Cincinnait.  I'm looking for a backup CFI as well - anyone in the Cincinnati, Ohio area that would fit this bill (CFI needs 25 hours in M20E). Thanks!

Its a '66 E model - have Bonanza experience from 10 years ago.  Own a 150 for low and slow. 

The purchase of the Mooney put a big smile on my face.

Insurance is specific that they want E time - not just M20 time.

2 hours ago, BDPetersen said:

My E time is quite dated (flew some back from factory when new, for example) but pretty sure could help. What airport? (I'm flying a C now.)

BD, Cinti Lunken.

3 hours ago, BDPetersen said:

Sunken Lunken. I'm sure you're in good hands, but if you need a back up, I'm just under an hour a way. You can reach me through my PM (private msg) link.

Thanks much - I'll let you know.

Re-read my insurance papers - if the pilot has under 5 hours in type, then a check is required by a CFI with more than 5 hours in type.  I'm good to go as I was checked out this morning.  Thanks all!

Five hours sound pretty minimal...

Also read how many solo hours are required before taking passengers...

This is standard insurance stuff.  Often, lower time pilots are required 10hrs dual followed by 10hrs solo.

A basic check out will include Mooney Specific Go-around, stall avoidance and recovery...

Mooney specific transition training is the best investment.  Probably not available from a CFI with only five hours in type.

I am only a PP, not a CFI, or selling any of these ideas.  Just sharing some ideas...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Five hours sound pretty minimal...

Also read how many solo hours are required before taking passengers...

This is standard insurance stuff.  Often, lower time pilots are required 10hrs dual followed by 10hrs solo.

A basic check out will include Mooney Specific Go-around, stall avoidance and recovery...

Mooney specific transition training is the best investment.  Probably not available from a CFI with only five hours in type.

I am only a PP, not a CFI, or selling any of these ideas.  Just sharing some ideas...

Best regards,

-a-

I was required to have 10 hours with my CFI and 5 hours solo 150 hours total time before my purchase in cessna's and piper Cubs. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just read the article myself Nels - she didn't need to write that up.  Speaks well of her to write about it.  Still loving the Mooney for getting places - can't be beat... but the 150 was a perfect respite after a days' work - nothing like 1500' over some green turf to get a soda in Brown County.  May just "have" to get another 150 for those evenings.