User Profiles

I seem to recall that the old forum had more profile information, background info, etc.  Am I missing it?  I feel awkward sometimes replying to a topic only to find out that the poster is an expert in the area...like a master Mooney CFII with 26gazillion hours in type....and I'm trying to tell them how to land...you get the picture.  Does this still exist?

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

Rob,

have you posted in the 'introduce yourself' thread? 

A great place to find some detail about some people and share your background.

Everybody is invited.

Best regards,

-a-

I may have a long time ago.  To be honest, I was less worried about someone knowing my background and more worried about insulting other people's intelligence.  By clicking on a name, you go to their profile page, but there is very little background.  I thought that the old forum had optional details.  For example, it would be nice if people could optionally list ratings, career, age, schooling, hobbies, aircraft, etc.  Not everybody would fill it in, but that is ok.  It also helps assess the information people provide.  Just a thought...

Rob, when I hit my own pic or name I can look at "about me" and see what I've included there. I can edit that content. I note you have entered a line on yourself, perhaps before the new format.

So, the facility is there if folks will use it.

Bob 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

Rob, when I hit my own pic or name I can look at "about me" and see what I've included there. I can edit that content. I note you have entered a line on yourself, perhaps before the new format.

So, the facility is there if folks will use it.

Bob 

That's it!!!  I feel stupid now, right in the middle of the page!  I kept looking on the left.  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

For anyone that wants to follow in these footsteps and write a few lines about your background...

Click on your own avatar, hit the edit profile button... Type in the area  'about me'

MS has some really well developed parts.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2