• fly into the oxygen levels

Things left to do:

• Fly to Alaska
  • Fly to West Coast
  • Fly into Oshkosh
  • Make an Angel Flight trip
  • fly a seaplane
  • Fly an open cockpit

I'm sure more will occur to me. Looking at the list, though, I have to say my bucket is far from empty.  :)

• Like 2

Guest Mike261

This is an awesome topic. Awesome is an over used word...But this is an awesome topic.

I'll bet a nickel that pilots' aviation bucket lists are long.

I don't even know where to start. Snowball style with the easy to attain stuff first or pie in the sky style with the hard to get first?

what are the guidelines here? pilots need rules.

mike

No rules. My list is long as well. I generally add 2 for every 1 I check off.

• Fly to Cuba

• Land at every public airport in my home state (getting closer)

• Fly around Mt. McKinley

• Sit at the controls of something with a turbine

• Fly the Hudson (hope to do this later this summer)

• Build an experimental

The list is long, but that is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My flying bucket list started about four years ago. I hadn't flown in 35 plus yrs and my only checkout was in a Cessna 150. I quite flying to save money and start the family thing. Always wanted a Mooney but it was a rich man's plane at the time and no way to afford it. I finally jumped back in by buying an E model and learned how to fly again; not an easy task for me. Now I want to step up to a J with autopilot and travel back and forth to Denver and eventually to Phoenix. Maybe someday fly over the fabulous terrain in Utah, and even the Grand Canyon. I'm sure the list will grow as my confidence increases.

• Like 1

I've many but the one that always comes to mind first is to land at both Death Valley and Leadville ( highest and lowest continental US public airports) in the same day, on a cross country trip

Yep, love this topic...  thankfully I've been able to check quite a few items off the list... these remain in no particular order, and bucket list is always subject to change.

Fly to Alaska
Fly to Cuba
Fly to KittyHawk
Tailwheel endorsement
CFI/CFII
Teach my son to fly
Learn to fly aerobatics
And a long list of places around the US to see by air from my plane...

Good topic.  Hank it pirated your list and changed it for me :)

Things done:

• PPL
  • Instrument rating
  • helicopter rating
  • own a plane
  • fly to the beach
  • fly and camp out with airplane
  • fly into SnF
  • fly helicopters piston and turbine
  • Pilot & paws flights
  • fly a seaplane

Things left to do:

• Fly to Bahamas
  • Fly to West Coast
  • Fly into Oshkosh
  • Fly an open cockpit
  • aerobatics
  • own helicopter
  • build and or buy experimental aircraft (fixed wing or rotor craft)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, steingar said:

I'd like to learn to fly a gyrocopter and a hang glider.

I've got a couple of hang gliders for sale. They are both modern gliders just a few years old. I've got a beginner glider and Airborne F2 and an intermediate double surface Sting3 for sale. Make me an offer. :-)

Fly to OSH

Learn a tail wheel 

Learn a Sea Plane

Land on a glacier with skis.  Ensure plane is undamaged enough to take off from same. 

Fly to the Carribbean 

Fly myself to Europe 

Fly professionally as a second career once I'm burned out enough from the first one  

Build a kit plane  

9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I've got a couple of hang gliders for sale. They are both modern gliders just a few years old. I've got a beginner glider and Airborne F2 and an intermediate double surface Sting3 for sale. Make me an offer. :-)

I'd love to, but:

-I live in flat country

-I don't know how to fly one

-I'm broke

Good luck with the sale

• Like 1

Mine in no particular order:

1. My dad nearing his 80s and has three states his military career never took him to. A part of his bucket list has become part of mine. He would like for us visit them as a father/son venture in the Mooney. I think they are South Dakota, Oregon and Idaho.

2. Complete my IFR , then onto Commercial, Multi and CFI (I'm 52 right  now)..better get moving. Our local CFIs are nearing retirement. It would be a great semi-retirement type job while still be able to keep my business here in Tennessee. Hoping to actually move coastal and fly back and forth to Tennessee checking in on the business and maybe instructing 3-4 days while back in Tennessee. I'd actually like to live partial week  on the gulf coast (possibly Gulf Shores) and opposite days back in Tennessee (only 2.5 hrs +/- Mooney via speed). Being landlocked the last 15 + years is killing me. Need some ocean air and a change of scenery.

3. I've also really enjoyed 201rs videos of Caribbean flying. To me that is really seeing world by air.. Would love to try it  as well:)

Ambitious I know..Not as exciting as some have posted, but more like  a " flying timeline life plan".

-Tom

PPL..............check

Parents first flight with me............check

Fly parents to the Bahamas...............

Travel around the country by GA plane.............

IFR................

Plane ownership/partnership..............

I'm sure others will be added to the list.