GARMIN GDL-69 receiver

Well, after all my avionics upgrades, there wasn't room or anymore need for the GARMIN GDL-69. It works great, just will no longer use it. I'm sure I have to set a price instead of say just make offer, but I have NO IDEA what to ask. Any ideas what this is worth?

I believe there are 4 versions (not counting helicopter variants)

• GDL 69
  • GDL69A
  • GDL69 SXM
  • GDL69A SXM

first two receive XM data, latter two add SiriusXM channels and came out in 2014  

"A" versions have audio / music channel capability in addition to weather data

i sold a GDL69 with rack, personality module and connectors on eBay last fall. It brought $639.00. 

• Like 1

I believe there are 4 versions (not counting helicopter variants)

GDL 69

GDL69A

GDL69 SXM

GDL69A SXM

first two receive XM data, latter two add SiriusXM channels and came out in 2014  

"A" versions have audio / music channel capability in addition to weather data

i sold a GDL69 with rack, personality module and connectors on eBay last fall. It brought $639.00. 

I don't understand the difference between the SXM other than a possible rebranding in 2014. I have the 69A, where the "A" of course stands for audio and includes reception of all the Sirus XM channels. So how could the SXM variants add anything (especially to a non "A" variant) unless I am mistaken and their are Sirus channels that I can't receive? Admittedly I get so many channels I would likely not notice if there were some more available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, kortopates said:

I don't understand the difference between the SXM other than a possible rebranding in 2014. I have the 69A, where the "A" of course stands for audio and includes reception of all the Sirus XM channels. So how could the SXM variants add anything (especially to a non "A" variant) unless I am mistaken and their are Sirus channels that I can't receive? ...

Yes, there are channels we can't receive with our GDL-69A 

See 

Garmin Press Release SXM

for a brief overview of the new receiver versions.

The merger of Sirius and XM means both of the L band frequency slots used by former competitors may be used by subscribers of the merged company. The SXM versions add the dual frequency capability.  If you look at weather data subscriptions you'll find plans for new as well as legacy XM only receivers.  See

Comparison Chart

For details of the weather products offered in XM versus SXM.

Access to the latest G4 SiriusXM satellite may offer new or enhanced WX products not present on XM only.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

Yes, there are channels we can't receive with our GDL-69A 

See 

Garmin Press Release SXM

for a brief overview of the new receiver versions.

The merger of Sirius and XM means both of the L band frequency slots used by former competitors may be used by subscribers of the merged company. The SXM versions add the dual frequency capability.  If you look at weather data subscriptions you'll find plans for new as well as legacy XM only receivers.  See

Comparison Chart

For details of the weather products offered in XM versus SXM.

Access to the latest G4 SiriusXM satellite may offer new or enhanced WX products not present on XM only.  

Thanks for the details. It all looked good till I saw the differences in NEXRAD. I don't think I would want to trade my current Composite Reflectivity product for Base Reflectivity though; especially as a turbo pilot. The latter would tend to understate the wx with its limited vertical picture. 

I've just installed ADSB in 29-0363, and while the avionics guys were at it I had the GDL-69 A removed, only because in Australia there is no satellite reception.  I'm about to list it here, and open to reasonable offers.20160611_144800.jpg

Edited by 29-0363