Florida Mooney Instruction

Good Day, Florida Mooniacs!

Anyone in Florida looking for transition training, recurrent or re-fam training, or even a simple BFR in type should give Mike Elliott of Tarpon Springs a call. I recently took delivery of an M20K from Daytona Aircraft Services, and selected Mike for my transition training; my selection was truly a blind selection, having found Mike from LASAR's list of Mooney instructors from halfway across the country (I'm in Utah). I'm glad Mike was closest to Daytona, as the only basis for my selection was geographic proximity. Hopefully this review will give Florida Mooney pilots something to consider aside from geographical proximity alone in fulfilling their instruction needs.

Mike is professional and very experienced, with invaluable perspective in all things flying and Mooney. At the same time, I also found him to be jovial and of very positive personality, which helped ease of the pressure to learn flying a 231 in a completely new place prior to flying my new-to-me airplane home. He will travel; based out of the greater Tampa area, Daytona was a trek but no sweat for Mike, and he was in Pensacola prior to training with me. I enjoyed my transition training and feel I made a friend in the Mooney community.

I had a great experience with Mike Elliott and strongly advise anyone looking for instruction in Mooney aircraft to consider him.

He's a frequent poster here on Mooney Space, I'm sure most if not all have seen posts from him, and is easy to contact at mike@aviating.com

Fly and Be Safe,

James Lee

'One Whiskey Hotel'

• Like 5

1 hour ago, One Whiskey Hotel said:

Good Day, Florida Mooniacs!

Anyone in Florida looking for transition training, recurrent or re-fam training, or even a simple BFR in type should give Mike Elliott of Tarpon Springs a call. I recently took delivery of an M20K from Daytona Aircraft Services, and selected Mike for my transition training; my selection was truly a blind selection, having found Mike from LASAR's list of Mooney instructors from halfway across the country (I'm in Utah). I'm glad Mike was closest to Daytona, as the only basis for my selection was geographic proximity. Hopefully this review will give Florida Mooney pilots something to consider aside from geographical proximity alone in fulfilling their instruction needs.

Mike is professional and very experienced, with invaluable perspective in all things flying and Mooney. At the same time, I also found him to be jovial and of very positive personality, which helped ease of the pressure to learn flying a 231 in a completely new place prior to flying my new-to-me airplane home. He will travel; based out of the greater Tampa area, Daytona was a trek but no sweat for Mike, and he was in Pensacola prior to training with me. I enjoyed my transition training and feel I made a friend in the Mooney community.

I had a great experience with Mike Elliott and strongly advise anyone looking for instruction in Mooney aircraft to consider him.

He's a frequent poster here on Mooney Space, I'm sure most if not all have seen posts from him, and is easy to contact at mike@aviating.com

Fly and Be Safe,

James Lee

'One Whiskey Hotel'

Thanks for the kind words, James. It was an absolute pleasure working for you. Enjoy your wonderful new plane. This is the 231 Jake Clements had rebuilt and listed here, and it is a very nice 231.

Fly and be safe!

Mike

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

Mike, you you have experience in the short-body J-bar models or know of anyone in north central Fla that does?

Mike has given me quite a few IPCs and BFRs in my J-bar "F", when he was based in Indianapolis.  Additionally he owned an F with one of those questionable electric gear switches on the panel.  He is a good instructor.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...