Longest cross country flight

My longest cross country was 11 years ago, when we bought N1084L and flew her home.  3 days & 24 hours flight time.  2,955 km.  What is your longest or otherwise most memorable flight in your Mooney?

image.png

• Like 2

My longest leg was my recent Chino-Wichita trip, 1070 nm non stop. I've previously done trips to CA, FL, DE & NYC in single days, but not non stop. All are memorable!

Alaska is a goal in the next few years.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My wife and I vacationed from KHTW to KCOD and back (Huntington, WV to Cody, WY), sight- and flightseeing in both directions. 1320 nm each way, three unrushed days each direction.

My longest leg has been 4:40, due to diverting around ice, and into the wind all but the last 70-80 nm. At 4000 msl I was only sometimes above 100 knot groundspeed; I bottomed out at 68 knots weaving between cloud tops crossing the mountains outside Knoxville at 10,000 msl at sunset.

So far KDYR (Dyersburg, TN ..west TN) to KPSM (Portsmouth, NH).

954.2 NM flown VFR w/ flight following. Made 2 fuel stops along the way just because I was in no hurry.

Did this trip up and back twice last year (2015)..

My best and most enjoyable flights to date :) 

Hope to do it again this year at least once. Maybe I'll have my IFR knocked out by then and can really use the system.

-Tom

11 hours ago, amillet said:

I stand corrected. Just looked at his website. 90 gallons

Stinkypants could do that no problem.  

Here is the map of my 2700 nm cross country adventure when I brought N201QH home.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Seriously long flights, albeit not in a Mooney....

In 1977 NASA launched Voyager 1 on its grand tour.  It is currently just over 20 Billion kilometers from earth.  (Ref: http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/where/)

non-stop, no less

in my "E" model that much travel would take extended range tanks as even LOP I'd have needed about 780,000,000 gallons of 100LL

• Like 1

My longest single day (in many ways) was from KDWM to T74.   North of Baltimore to north of Austin Tx, and 1175 miles.    I had a cold (I'll never fly with one again, my ears hurt for days).  My first fuel stop at KUOS had no fuel,so I went to KTHA.  The briefer convinced me to go south to KAEX to avoid some weather.  I lost radio contact  15 minutes from the airport.  It wasn't my radio, since I could reach the tower on it.  :)  --Apparently they roll the fire trucks when you are reported as NORDO.   I get a good look at the weather and chat with the briefer again.  Life is almost wonderful, only 250 miles to home.  --Nope, the airport notam has both runways at KGTU closing 30 minutes prior to my arrival.  I choose a neighboring airport T74 and call my wife and tell her to come get me.